• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Treated like a permie"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
    Good conversation killer..
    http://www.provincialpay.co.uk/docs/IR35_Factsheet.pdf

Leave a comment:

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Right let's have it then. Top ten reasons why ClientCo should give a tulip about IR35.

Good conversation killer..

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Right let's have it then. Top ten reasons why ClientCo should give a tulip about IR35.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Okay, I have to wear the company uniform and always say "Would that be a medium or large meal?", but I'm a proper business FFS.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I sympathise, I've been in similar situations. The problems really start when you try to explain to the client management what the issues are. "IR35, what's that?" etc.... Honestly, they have no idea (why should they?) and I'm afraid that in the past I have walked after 6 weeks of quasi-permiedom and puzzled looks from my "line manager". Sadly, under the present climate I wouldn't have that option easily open to me but this situation is a very familiar one to me.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Okay, I have to wear the company uniform and always say "Would that be a medium or large meal?", but I'm a proper business FFS.

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    If you want another member of a permie team to do permie things, hire another permie team member.

HTH
    WHS

I have overheard a conversation regarding the position I am working in becoming permie next year, so I guess they think that gives them license to treat a contractor as a permie until they find someone, they even have the audacity to use the heading Contractor/Temp on their timesheet system.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Love it when all these deluded, tax-dodging, disguised-employee,quasi-permie twunts get on their high horse and claim to be running "my own bizness, innit" when in reality the dumbest Apprentice candidate would run rings around them.

If I could punch my way out of this soggy paper bag I'd ask you to retract that!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    If you want another member of a permie team to do permie things, hire another permie team member.

HTH
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Love it when all these deluded, tax-dodging, disguised-employee,quasi-permie twunts get on their high horse and claim to be running "my own bizness, innit" when in reality the dumbest Apprentice candidate would run rings around them.

Are you two connected by an elastic band?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    If you are working on-site is it not reasonable to fit in with the team? How can the team be effective if someone is continually trying to play the outsider?

OK so you have to do some tulipe things like 360 degree reviews and personality tests - on the other hand if they are paying you to do those things then so what - you might learn something about how to do these things for yourself if you ever get to run your own company one day?

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    If you are working on-site is it not reasonable to fit in with the team? How can the team be effective if someone is continually trying to play the outsider?

OK so you have to do some tulipe things like 360 degree reviews and personality tests - on the other hand if they are paying you to do those things then so what - you might learn something about how to do these things for yourself if you ever get to run your own company one day?
    -5 points on the troll attempt. The fact I run my own company makes me realise the futility of these processes, it is actually possible to have a non-draconian work environment without pointless processes and still make money.

Most design agencies have gotten it right with regard to working environment and policies I would say.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You are a permie manager who loves all this crap and I claim my free aptitude test.
    not!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

You are a permie manager who loves all this crap and I claim my free aptitude test.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X