• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coping strategies please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take her out for a slap up meal, disco, and then back to your place for a serious rogering.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      Take her out for a slap up meal, disco, and then back to your place for a serious rogering.
      tulip, are we back in the 1970's?

Comment

Originally posted by themistry View Post
        There was no reason for you to to higher management.

what sort of idiot are you? You brought this on yourself.

You are a contractor! thats means billing silently if the client cant be arsed to find things for you todo!!

TM
        Interesting.

OK here's another way this could have played out.

I point out to her I have nothing to do. She goes on holiday. I silently go about doing nothing. The head of dept kicks of with her boss, and he says he knew nothing about it. I get asked why I did not mention it to him in her absence, and I say I did not want to go above her head. I get slapped for NOT going to him.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          You are Gene Hunt AICMFP

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I've been out-Wilmslowed!
            OK which of you created this gormless twat?
            No, real person with real problems I'm afraid. I wonder if after the abuse will come some helpful posts. Waits, waits waits ....

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
              You are Gene Hunt AICMFP
              Gene Hunt would've rodgered her first, taken her to the pub afterwards and she would've paid!

Mantra for the future...

What Would Gene Hunt Do?

WWGHD?

Comment

I'm trying really hard not to laugh....oops wrong thread.

Comment

I'm in a real cushy number at the moment, hardly do any work, but all us contractors have been asked to fill out an internal timesheet. It's just some box ticking facade for the management to claim they have a handle on their team's activities, and we generally just make it up and ensure we fill in 'something'.

Anyway there's one contractor who is being a real knob-jockey and is always complaining he doesn't "have anything to do" -- cardinal fsck**g sin if you ask me; most of us haven't done anything for a year! Management fob him off but he just won't get it. It's as if he actually needs them to say to him: "fill out some tulipe to make me look good!" Now he is writing accusing emails to his boss.

Obviously he won't get renewed and may even be terminated early. We are all worried he will make waves for all of us, and we might actually have to do some work round here. What should we do? Some of us contractors want to take him out back and give him a good kicking. Will this help?
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Sounds like the Suitsyou1 is in a spot of bother - kind of damned if you do damned if you don't.

If you have the e-mail trial I would send it up to the head of department explain that you flagged it and also explain that you appreciate that they are all busy and you do not expect them to jump when ever you speak.

This way even if your stormtrooper type boss and her boss do try and get rid of you (which unfortunately they will because you have not been kissing azz) you know you have flagged the truth to someone who may actually be interested in it.

I appreciate these muppets on here are saying keep you mouth shut and keep billing but if you are like me you probably hate sitting around trying to look busy for 8 hours a day.

Just remember a lot of managers get rid of good staff as they see them as a threat and not an asset.

Beyond that chalk it to experience and hit the job boards.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                      I'm in a real cushy number at the moment, hardly do any work, but all us contractors have been asked to fill out an internal timesheet. It's just some box ticking facade for the management to claim they have a handle on their team's activities, and we generally just make it up and ensure we fill in 'something'.

Anyway there's one contractor who is being a real knob-jockey and is always complaining he doesn't "have anything to do" -- cardinal fsck**g sin if you ask me; most of us haven't done anything for a year! Management fob him off but he just won't get it. It's as if he actually needs them to say to him: "fill out some tulipe to make me look good!" Now he is writing accusing emails to his boss.

Obviously he won't get renewed and may even be terminated early. We are all worried he will make waves for all of us, and we might actually have to do some work round here. What should we do? Some of us contractors want to take him out back and give him a good kicking. Will this help?
                      Swamp, this contractor sounds like a knob. I differentiate myself from him as I was filling in bollux and trying to keep my head below the parapet, then they had a crack down and removed all of the "bucket" activities I was using. I was effectively smoked out as the dept is making heavy losses. It is a lose lose situation. The purpose of the OP was to ask for coping strategies as I find being kicked around all day by a passive aggressive arse, and having no work to discract myself with quite stressful. Not half as stressful as sitting on the bench worrying about getting my house repossesed though so praps I ought to STFU.

Fancied a bit of a moan is all, need to count my blessings I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X