• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bruno puts bum in Eminems face, Eminem not amused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dang65 View Post

Eminem's album's been out for two weeks and it's rubbish (it's on Spotify, I've listened to it). It'll still sell by the truckload though, so whatever.
    Well it hasn't done any harm.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/mus...rt-020609.html

http://uk.reuters.com/article/entert...5526BC20090603

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
      No you've is a contraction of you have, so both of those are fine. You is incorrectly used in that context as far as I can see.
      In the immortal words of The Kink

You really got me now, you got me so I don't what I'm doing ...

Actually, I've been googling and can't find anything to say it's wrong and tonnes of examples where it's used.

I think it's ok, grammatically, to say 'you got me'.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        In the immortal words of The Kink

You really got me now, you got me so I don't what I'm doing ...

Actually, I've been googling and can't find anything to say it's wrong and tonnes of examples where it's used.

I think it's ok, grammatically, to say 'you got me'.

The Kinks - Shirley?

Personally, I don't agree that "you got me" is grammatically correct.

Comment

I'm sure you know better than any PR type...
          That's an absurd comment. I mean, how has publicity been good for, say, Gary Glitter, or for all those MPs with their expenses, or Michael Barrymore... and so on? I can understand the origin of the cliche, "There's no such thing as bad publicity" (and variations), but there are plenty of exceptions which prove the rule.

Comment

That's an absurd comment. I mean, how has publicity been good for, say, Gary Glitter, or for all those MPs with their expenses, or Michael Barrymore... and so on? I can understand the origin of the cliche, "There's no such thing as bad publicity" (and variations), but there are plenty of exceptions which prove the rule.
            It's indicative that in general most publicity, however negative, raises profile. And for celebs trying to sell stuff profile is everything.

Clearly negative illegal publicity such as child molestation is bad, and for MP's it's not really a great idea to be caught with your hands in the till of the people that pay you ...

All besides the pedantic point you're deflecting from - even if this makes Eminem look a bit silly, it still gets him in the headlines and getting talked about just at the moment he's got a new album out. That was the point - it's raised his profile at the exactly the time he wants it to be raised ...

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

The MTV Awards were on Sunday evening, and the weekly chart sales are measured from Monday to Sunday (hence album and single releases always on Mondays), so I'm not sure that this incident can be credited there really.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

The Kinks - Shirley?

Personally, I don't agree that "you got me" is grammatically correct.
                Right, gloves off. Me and you big gingey yin. I'll heeedbutt you in the baws so hard you'll be spitting ... blah blah

Comment

All besides the pedantic point you're deflecting from - even if this makes Eminem look a bit silly, it still gets him in the headlines and getting talked about just at the moment he's got a new album out. That was the point - it's raised his profile at the exactly the time he wants it to be raised ...
                  Well, I'm sure you know what you're talking about, but I still don't get it myself really because I think it's made him look like a twit. He's already had two weeks at the top of the album charts anyway - in the UK and the US - so it's hard to see why he should be so desperate for publicity. I'd understand it more if he'd been struggling to get any attention recently, but the opposite is the case.

I won't give up the day job though. Not to do PR anyway.

Comment

Well, I'm sure you know what you're talking about, but I still don't get it myself really because I think it's made him look like a twit. He's already had two weeks at the top of the album charts anyway - in the UK and the US - so it's hard to see why he should be so desperate for publicity. I'd understand it more if he'd been struggling to get any attention recently, but the opposite is the case.

I won't give up the day job though. Not to do PR anyway.
                    Thing is, most the people who like his music (I'm one) know already from listening to his lyrics and following his career that he doesn't take himself, or society, very seriously at all. To me this doesn't change my opinion of him one bit.

Comment

Thing is, most the people who like his music (I'm one) know already from listening to his lyrics and following his career that he doesn't take himself, or society, very seriously at all. To me this doesn't change my opinion of him one bit.
                      Watch the video 'Stan' again.
                      You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Working...
                      X