• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you miss England?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    In spite of the moaning on this board, life is still good, in spite of Labour's best efforts. If you live in a nicer suburb of London, you can enjoy good pubs, a range of restaurants with cuisine from around the world, summer in the best parks in the world (or your garden), the British Museum (which will take you weeks to explore all its treasures), the National Gallery, music festivals of whatever typeand level of grunginess you want etc etc.
    So when Labour are consigned to the great wheelie bin of history will it start to become a really nice place again?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      It can still be found - I live there, or close by.
      Where's that? Which rugby club?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        So when Labour are consigned to the great wheelie bin of history will it start to become a really nice place again?
        Unlikely in the near term. Maybe, if membership of, or collaboration with, nuLieBore is made a capital offence then in two or three generations there might be a chance.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Would I do miss England?

Yes

Edit: If the present Mrs FSM permitted it.
          Originally posted by cailin maith
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
            Would I do miss England?
            Que? No comprende.
            Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

What good things are left for me to miss?
              We are out of range of Iranian and Korean missiles
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

They seem to become standardised and offer the same beer and food from Penzance to Newcastle.
                If you don't want this to happen, support your local free house.

That said, there's still regional variation in the chain pubs. Not many down south sell Tetley. Not many in the south west sell Courage (thank god).
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  All for £4.99 too!

Lets all move to the nice parts of London!
                  True it helps to be an actual rather a wannabe, Walter Mitty millionaire to live in London.
                  Looks like you'll have to remain in Swindon.

HTH
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    True it helps to be an actual rather a wannabe, Walter Mitty millionaire to live in London.
                    Looks like you'll have to remain in Swindon.

HTH
                    I've happy gazing at the Magic Roundabout whilst strolling up to the dizzying heights of the Old Town.

Comment

I miss good quality fish and chips, the Times Crossword, good ale, customer service, blue stilton cheese.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X