• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrified

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    The crowd were all Muslim protestors, or whatever the politically correct term is, protesting at this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...r-officer.html

I was going to suggest the RAF could sort this out with a few low level sorties and napalm.... trouble is we don't seem to do napalm any more

I luv the smell of napalm in the morning...
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Whooosh!
      Missed that one. Too busy being shaken up, sorry.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

EO posted : I thought BGG has his tongue in his cheek there
        Indeed I did Sir ! Well spotted.

However the irony was lost on Suityou01 who took the bait, hook line and sinker.

Ah well.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          Indeed I did Sir ! Well spotted.

However the irony was lost on Suityou01 who took the bait, hook line and sinker.

Ah well.

Genuinely hope you and yours never have to go through that. Truly terrifying. Glad to have amused you, you utter b*ll *nd.

Comment

By all means call me names for failing the see the irony in a joke.

I made no criticism of your ordeal, and in fact I am sympathetic to it. You were unfortnuately caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

And that, I think, should be the end of it.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Genuinely hope you and yours never have to go through that. Truly terrifying. Glad to have amused you, you utter b*ll *nd.
                Your utter stupidity amuses me too. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
                  Your utter stupidity amuses me too. Thanks
                  Given time to reflect, I have taken this matter far too seriously. My family's safety IS a laughing matter, and unscheduled protests are just a bit of fun. It is mere coincidence that at the precise time we were caught up in this mess that 9 people are in custody and cars were damaged through the violence.

Total overreaction, sorry.

Comment

Given time to reflect, I have taken this matter far too seriously. My family's safety IS a laughing matter, and unscheduled protests are just a bit of fun. It is mere coincidence that at the precise time we were caught up in this mess that 9 people are in custody and cars were damaged through the violence.

Total overreaction, sorry.
                    The link you posted at the start of this thread referred to the muslim protests in March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/8066515.stm

This one shows that it was people protesting in support of the armed forces.

Upon reflection, your reaction to BGG's post, along with the post highlighted by Ivor Biggun, indicates you are indeed a twunt.

HTH.

Comment

Muslim protesters? I thought Luton had a protest AGAINST Muslim militancy in the town this w/e. Is that what you meant? Not that violence by lefties and Muslim counter demonstrators would be any surprise.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X