• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European Elections : who are you voting for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    You'll never guess who's standing as an independent in my constituency... Linky

I spat my tea across the kitchen when I saw her name.
    And she has a vote of approval of someone from Norfolk which really says it all
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I don't normally vote in elections (live in one of the safest Tory seats in the country so we only get token Labour and Liberal work experience candidates anyway). I'll be voting in these though. That nasty piece of sh1t Nick Griffin fancies his chances in the North West with his neanderthal mob. Hopefully, most of his supporters won't be able to spell 'X'.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

None of them. After MPs expenses, I am not wasting my time sanctioning the European gravy train.

Oh yes, and every time I have written to a European MEP, I have never received a reply, so why should I give them the time of day.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          You'll never guess who's standing as an independent in my constituency... Linky

I spat my tea across the kitchen when I saw her name.
          Scary! This is the stuff nightmares are made of
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

John Howard NOrfolk says:

May 18th, 2009 at 4:22 pm
            She impresssed on The Apprentice - coming across as direct and honest so she gets my vote

John certainly has a good sense of humour

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              I don't normally vote in elections (live in one of the safest Tory seats in the country....
              The vote is not based on constituancy (sp?) result but is..

"It varies from country to country, but all 27 use some form of proportional representation. Many countries just have one nationwide constituency. Some have a threshold (say 5%) which a party has to pass before it qualifies for a share of the seats. "
              so all votes count towards the result. I think is right, please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Its quite ironic(?) to be voting for UK independance in a European election though.

And you really think that any of the mainstream parties have any interest in changing the way that the EU is run?
              If enough people voted for UKIP in the European elections then the mainstream parties may take note of the way the electorate feel about Europe. Voting for a mainstream party is voting to maintain the status quo.
              Agreed.

Comment

This lot
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Monster Raving Looney Party if they are standing or the Lib Dems if not
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    I don't normally vote in elections (live in one of the safest Tory seats in the country so we only get token Labour and Liberal work experience candidates anyway). I'll be voting in these though. That nasty piece of tulip Nick Griffin fancies his chances in the North West with his neanderthal mob. Hopefully, most of his supporters won't be able to spell 'X'.
                    Got the BNP leaflet in the door yesteday...what a laugh! ha ha I tore it up but I don't recall it saying anything about Europe. I noted that a couple of the other candidates leaflets specifically mentioned keeping the BNP out.

I'm definitly voting these year..I'm liking the Green candidate...but I might have to vote LibDem to ensure the BNP don't in. 'Course just over the rise are a bunch of half-wits who believe anything the BNP write.

In the last council elections the BNP candiate came a close second here. This shows the level of intelligence and apathy around here.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                      In the last council elections the BNP candiate came a close second here. This shows the level of intelligence and apathy around here.
                      inbreeding
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X