• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "European Elections : who are you voting for?"

Collapse

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    The CPCPA rock. Peacemaking on Jesus' Terms. Go on you know it makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    UKIP or English Democrats for me.

The Liberals are just as mired in expenses scandals.... Menzies Campbell and Norman Lamb immediately spring to mind and I am not voting for a top three party until we get a General Election to get rid of the thieves and fraudsters.
    Oh christ. That's a commonly held view at the moment isn't it. I despair.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It is working now

http://www.libertas.eu/uk/

BTW I found another beardie and one who's wife is a bible basher. So far though I like them.
    A Party that would reform the EU by taking more power away from National Governments?

Smart.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    UKIP or English Democrats for me.

The Liberals are just as mired in expenses scandals.... Menzies Campbell and Norman Lamb immediately spring to mind and I am not voting for a top three party until we get a General Election to get rid of the thieves and fraudsters.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    It is working now

http://www.libertas.eu/uk/

BTW I found another beardie and one who's wife is a bible basher. So far though I like them.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    UKIP or Libertas

I have changed my mind about voting for UKIP. I really wanted to vote against the status quo (Tory pretending to stand up to EU, Labour/Libs slavishly following the EU and its diktats).
    I fully endorse the concepts of free trade and open competion and the free flow of labour (I dont mind which nationality I make my fees from ) accross EU countries. UKIP dont want this. I dont buy their attitude towards expenses either.
    So for me it is Libertas. Looking at their candidates they seem to be largely business people, no lefties, tree huggers or bible bashers and only one of them has a beard.
    Their website isnt working. Either because they are deemed a genuine threat and it has been sabotaged or they dont have two pennies to rub together to pay for it.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Are any of the parties putting Britain first ?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    40" is rather on the small size
    Would you prefer an 80 inch wide Gordon in your front room?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    As I thought; “£8,865 for a Bang & Olufsen Beovision 40in LCD television”

40 bloody inches. Imagine that. There you are, watching the news and on comes Mr Brown. Without any warning there’s Gordon’s face, 3 foot wide and leering at you through the wall of your own front room. Even a lifesized Kate Silverton can’t make amends for that.
    40" is rather on the small size

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    And you really think that any of the mainstream parties have any interest in changing the way that the EU is run?
    If enough people voted for UKIP in the European elections then the mainstream parties may take note of the way the electorate feel about Europe. Voting for a mainstream party is voting to maintain the status quo.
    Why would they do that. they already know how the electorate feel about Europe, that's why the British can never be trusted with any referendum on Europe: it would become a proxy for a general condemnation of the EU.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    So, am I right in thinking that a lot of people are planning to protest against the disgusting treachery and stupidity of our thieving MPs by voting for parties whose main policy is to hand back all power from Europe to, uh, our treacherous and thieving MPs?
    That´s right, and there are three general variants to this;
    - anti Europe, plant lots of trees and hug baby seals party (Green)
    - anti Europe, blame Brussels for everything party (UKIP)
    - anti Europe, blame the darkies party (BNP)

Same deal all over Europe.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Have a look at all the leaflets and then vote for the one with the prettiest colours.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I still can't decide who to vote for - We've had very little literature through the post although I did get some bumph from the Conservative Party with my name on, which I was surprised about - I have never voted conservative in my life - very odd.
    Have a look at all the leaflets and then vote for the one with the prettiest colours.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I still can't decide who to vote for - We've had very little literature through the post although I did get some bumph from the Conservative Party with my name on, which I was surprised about - I have never voted conservative in my life - very odd.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    So, am I right in thinking that a lot of people are planning to protest against the disgusting treachery and stupidity of our thieving MPs by voting for parties whose main policy is to hand back all power from Europe to, uh, our treacherous and thieving MPs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X