• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: House prices continue long slide, says website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a Saturday lunch-time about a year ago I had a nice lamb steak (with veg. etc.) at a small place just off Oxford street for less than £5. My only complaint was that the coke I ordered was warm.

My wife is even more than a penny-pincher than me - she regards £25 for a meal for two as excessive. (Neither of us drink alcohol, which helps.)

Comment

Originally posted by swamp
      I'm about to buy a flat in London.
      Good luck swamp. Where about?
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
        On a Saturday lunch-time about a year ago I had a nice lamb steak (with veg. etc.) at a small place just off Oxford street for less than £5. My only complaint was that the coke I ordered was warm.

My wife is even more than a penny-pincher than me - she regards £25 for a meal for two as excessive. (Neither of us drink alcohol, which helps.)
        Guys, do not quote the exceptions pls.Otherwise I start mentioning a fantastic trattoria in Rome where I could eat for 3000 lire (1 pound) back in the 90s. London is and will be a rip off for food with some due normal exceptions (not that is much different from the rest of Britain though).
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
          You havent lived in Brussels then , BTW went out with a friend last night, we imbimed four glasses of Jupiter Beer, total cost of 5 euros....
          Alf, it seems that the effects took a while to wear off. Perhaps you mean Jupiler?

€1.25 a glass?, I must be going to the wrong places.

Cheapest I've seen is €1.50, usually more - especially some parts of Brussels - and a glass or pint[je] is usually 25cl (less than half a pint), so I wouldn't say much different to some pubs I know in London or the City.
          Last edited by Joe Black; 26 October 2005, 23:45.

Comment

Working...
          X