• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

some cheeky bugger (agent) just called

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I don't even have that luxury! So please let me know if I can call when the day comes!
    It doesnt have to be a particular man, just a man. I'll check my diary but I belive I may be in Outer Mongolia that week
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      It doesnt have to be a particular man, just a man. I'll check my diary but I belive I may be in Outer Mongolia that week
      Ha ha well in that case I will just grab one on the way to the hospital! But seriously, I intend to deal with labour in a refined and serene manner.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Ha ha well in that case I will just grab one on the way to the hospital! But seriously, I intend to deal with labour in a refined and serene manner.
        With large quantities of drugs.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          With large quantities of drugs.
          Fluff yes, and a pint of lager by my side, ready for those first few minutes afterwards!
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Ha, I use the term spawned myself, as a matter of fact.

Thank you, am frankly petrified now. Not helped by a staggering amount of people (some I've previously never spoken to before) feeling it necessary to tell me horrific details surrounding labour/birth/children, and expecting me to thank them for it.
            Well to put those tales into some kind of contrast, all 3 of my sons were born healthy, reasonable weights (even the last who was over a week late) and my now ex wife didn't need a stitch or any medical intervention beyond being attended by a Midwife.

It's not all horror stories

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ate#post803794

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ate#post765224

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ate#post469707

Put in this context £250 a day is paltry.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Safety case. If you come calling and want to tap 12 years of experience in the business, £250 a day is an insult.
                Do you have much to do with Vetco Gray then? I was doing an outsourced support role for them, nice bunch, shame about the outsourcing firm I had the displeasure to work for though.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Do you have much to do with Vetco Gray then? I was doing an outsourced support role for them, nice bunch, shame about the outsourcing firm I had the displeasure to work for though.
                  Not yet... Oil & gas is a whole other nutshell.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X