• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Market Picking Up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok fair enough
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

For me, market is better than a few months ago.

Support monkey - last autumn 6 weeks between gigs, two face-face interviews and one phone, all different prospects, before success.

This time, one week, one phone interview and start on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        I've been tapped up for 3 seemingly real jobs this week like.

Has the market turned?
        I think that there are many more real jobs like.

p.s. did I use the construct "like" in the proper way? Thanks.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
          I think that there are many more real jobs like.

p.s. did I use the construct "like" in the proper way? Thanks.
          Yes Franko - you sounded like a true Geordie native!

Now all you need to do is head oot on the lash without ya coat on!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
            For me, market is better than a few months ago.

Support monkey - last autumn 6 weeks between gigs, two face-face interviews and one phone, all different prospects, before success.

This time, one week, one phone interview and start on Monday
            I tend to agree. The market was terrible just before Christmas, but then again it's mostly quiet around that time. I'm starting to find more roles becoming available and receiving more phone calls for roles too. So fingers crossed. Demand is slightly increasing but I'm not getting carried away yet.
            I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Same here H&S opportunities are plenty, I've got FMECA's coming out me ears.

Right just got a call from Germany, what's the going rate? I quoted 700 euro a day, did not think they'd bite, but the did. Oh panic. Woz that a realistic rate????
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Same here H&S opportunities are plenty, I've got FMECA's coming out me ears.

Right just got a call from Germany, what's the going rate? I quoted 700 euro a day, did not think they'd bite, but the did. Oh panic. Woz that a realistic rate????
                You really should blow your nose a little more then.....

Sorry. IGMC.

I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
                  You really should blow your nose a little more then.....

Sorry. IGMC.

I try really I do but the client keeps moving the goal posts
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

History will reeal that the credit crunch was nothing more than a bunch of IT recruitment agents who entered a conspiracy then downtalked the economy in order to raise their margins and profits.

Dont believe the hype - dont accept rate cuts - in fact demand more .

More - yes MORE.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                      History will reeal that the credit crunch was nothing more than a bunch of IT recruitment agents who entered a conspiracy then downtalked the economy in order to raise their margins and profits.

Dont believe the hype - dont accept rate cuts - in fact demand more .

More - yes MORE.
                      Indeed, higher rates to compensate for credit risk in supplying to struggling agents and bust banks.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X