• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I am starting to despise my Parish Priest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Yep - there is no question that he wouldn't be invited and of course sit on the top table. Happens all the time at home.
    That's foreign to me, of course I would afford my Minister and his Wife an invite - they won't be at the top table though
    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Does he get to honour the bride by sleeping with her on her wedding night too?
      Don't think the grooms would be too happy with that!!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Don't think the grooms would be too happy with that!!
        More than one? Those catholics ARE a kinky bunch

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tino View Post
          You know what I meant!
          Bazza gets caught

Comment

When I joined church I asked about divorce groups. Was told does not happen as too many people dump their problems then disappear.

Happened all the time at f4j : you are there to help people. I am suprised the church is less moral than f4j!!

Comment

Originally posted by tino View Post
              Thats the effect of too much alcohol for you. I definetly need to up my alcohol consumption to fit in.....

Comment

You know what I meant!

HTH

Comment

Yep - there is no question that he wouldn't be invited and of course sit on the top table. Happens all the time at home.
                  That's because the theory is you only have a church wedding if you're actually involved in the church... traditionally you'd get married in the church you attend by a Vicar/Priest who is someone who knows you and offers pastoral care to you.

Of course most people having church weddings are hypocrites who have never met the vicar before and just want a pretty building to get married in. No wonder the vicar expects a donation from you. By contrast, you should see how excited a vicar is when 2 people who are genuinely christians ask him to marry them - he'll bend over backwards to help them out.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    That's because the theory is you only have a church wedding if you're actually involved in the church... traditionally you'd get married in the church you attend by a Vicar/Priest who is someone who knows you and offers pastoral care to you.

Of course most people having church weddings are hypocrites who have never met the vicar before and just want a pretty building to get married in. No wonder the vicar expects a donation from you. By contrast, you should see how excited a vicar is when 2 people who are genuinely christians ask him to marry them - he'll bend over backwards to help them out.
                    Agreed,

Our minister was great at our sons Baptism

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Thoroughly agree with this. I got married in my home town and the parish priest was brilliant. So was the prod fella by the way, we had a joint celebration thingy!

However but my brother moved to another town a few years ago and being a childless couple in a town 30 miles form his home town, wouldn't have a chance to get much involved in the church. So it's not quite right saying that he is a hypocrite simply because he doesn't know the priest, it's circumstance that he won't/can't get married in our home town as opposed to his new parish.
                      Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                      X