• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK who is this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Unless being a man is now an illness......cue the CUK fembots
    For some people it is.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Unless being a man is now an illness......cue the CUK fembots
      Well some of them can be pretty sick.....

igmc
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        Ex welder now IT consultant. You must be a contributor here.
        I am sure I recall someone with that background.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/8045268.stm

Anyway. Give up the strike, find another way.

Its a fair cop guv.

Comment

Run a bath and stick a toaster in it darling.

Comment

Well all they have to do is put it in the system for review and drag it on a bit by getting some psyche profiles done to find out his mental state and then by the time they decide he will be dead anyway.

End of problem.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              Why not?
              If this person has severe mental issues with their body then they deserve support, even if it is a quality of life thing they deserve support. Particularly if the local authority pays for cosmetic procedures on the same grounds.
              He/She paid for the sex change. It is a lifestyle choice. The NHS should not be paying for someone's lifestyle choice. (You could argue that obesity is a lifestyle choice, but is not in the same category as a sex change).
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                He/She paid for the sex change. It is a lifestyle choice. The NHS should not be paying for someone's lifestyle choice. (You could argue that obesity is a lifestyle choice, but is not in the same category as a sex change).
                So using that logic, children are a 'lifestyle' choice, so do you think the NHS should not fund infertility treatment either?

And why is obesity not in the same category then?
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  You think this is as simple as a lifestyle choice?
                  You think that this bloke got up one day and decided he "wanted" to be a woman?
                  If he did I would suggest that he is mentally ill and needs long term expensive treatment to sort that out.
                  If there is some form of biological imperative then there is no choice being made. Australian researchers claim to have found a "transsexual" gene so dont dismiss this out of hand.

As pointed out by Pog and as suggested by myself, there are any number of lifestyle choices and elective procedures already funded by the NHS.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

There's probably a lot more to this story than meets the eye but as someone who has a friend who is transsexual, it's anything but a "lifestyle choice". There's no "choice" involved.

If anything the person concerned has probably "not played the game" correctly with the PCT but I don't know enough to comment.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                      So using that logic, children are a 'lifestyle' choice, so do you think the NHS should not fund infertility treatment either?
                      Definitely not - especially where the sperm is directly forced into the egg to fertilise - it's contra-evolutionary and we are starting to see the increase in illness in children conceived this way.
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X