• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'No thanks' contract of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Their argument will be , you have to protect yourself anyway even if you were not working for your company.
    So No
    But surely without the contract you wouldn't BE in the country?
    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      Their argument will be , you have to protect yourself anyway even if you were not working for your company.
      So No
      No need, and thus illegal in the UK apparently since 1937 because apparently we have a very good Police force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_pol...7_Firearms_Act

unless of course you are in the 10,000 well connected in the UK that do have them for personal protection, e.g. every MP and former MP, ex-RUC etc

However Pakistan is a different story - You'd want (or actually NEED) personal protection there. So if you worked in Pakistan it could be deemed a business need.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Wimp!
        And the rate was crap! Mind you I then went over and worked in Tel Aviv and was staying in the hotel over the road when Mike's Pub was bombed. Getting too old for all that tulip, i.e.
        • Military coup while in Nigeria in the 60's. Had armed guards stationed round the house and only place you could sleep was in the hallway as there were no windows there
        • Was on the tube train behind the one that got caught in Kings Cross fire. Sat in a tunnel for hours without knowing what was going on
        • Got caught in race riots in London (very scary)
        • Had to live through the Paris student riots in the 60'S
        • Woke up in the middle of the night once in hospital with a priest giving me the last rites!!!
        • And more...
        Must be something in my genes to get caught in dodgy situations
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
          About 4 years ago, that role in PK was £1kpd*, so guesses as to what it is now?

*Well, actually it was more of a GSM role, but very similar spec
          I'm not sure if I should be guessing £500 or £1500
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            And the rate was crap! Mind you I then went over and worked in Tel Aviv and was staying in the hotel over the road when Mike's Pub was bombed. Getting too old for all that tulip, i.e.
            • Military coup while in Nigeria in the 60's. Had armed guards stationed round the house and only place you could sleep was in the hallway as there were no windows there
            • Was on the tube train behind the one that got caught in Kings Cross fire. Sat in a tunnel for hours without knowing what was going on
            • Got caught in race riots in London (very scary)
            • Had to live through the Paris student riots in the 60'S
            • Woke up in the middle of the night once in hospital with a priest giving me the last rites!!!
            • And more...
            Must be something in my genes to get caught in dodgy situations
            Awesome! The most exciting thing that's every happened to me was going to London for an interveiw during the second lot of failed bomb attempts. Central London with no people or traffic was scary.

Comment

II was due to go through King's Cross at that time, but changed route 10 minutes before it kicked off.

Can't say it affected me. I don't believe in luck or fate.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
              X