• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you use a male contraceptive jab?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    having gotten pregnant, my partner decided that despite her agreement and willingness (this wasn't "trying for a couple of days", this was "trying for a year") she wanted to have a termination.

With beliefs and actions such as this, is it any surprise that the expression "snakes with tits" is used?
    she was scared that she would pop one out with the wrong colour

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Guys should take this for the same reason. The bird might be left holding the baby, but the guy might be left holding the bill.
      There's a woman here in clientco who fears her 16 yr old son is being set up by a flat-seeking, income for life seeking slapperooni
      Many, many times I have regretted not getting Mrs BI up the duff when we were sixteen. Instead of renting we'd now own a 4 bed ex-council house in Norf London worth over £250K.

And the little bastard would have left home over ten years ago by now.

Based on what happened to the slappers and slags at school, anyway.

Morals? A just bloody millstone to wear round your neck.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        what happened to the slappers and slags at school, anyway.
        Yes, there was a good one at our school with the nickname ‘50p’. I’ve no idea which scrooge managed to talk her down to 50p as I never gave her less than a pound.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
          I'm married. What's sex?
          whs

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Yes, there was a good one at our school with the nickname ‘50p’. I’ve no idea which scrooge managed to talk her down to 50p as I never gave her less than a pound.
            Ours was 'the parrot'
            because she liked a Cockatoo

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 5 May 2009, 13:07.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              A male contraceptive jab could be as effective at preventing pregnancies as the female pill or condoms, work shows.

The monthly testosterone injection works by temporarily blocking sperm production and could revolutionise birth control, experts believe.

In trials in China only one man in 100 fathered a child while on the injections, the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism reports.

Six months after stopping the jabs the men's sperm counts returned to normal.

Linky

Poll shortly
              In short , NO

In today's metro, they wrote, few ppl's sperm count didnt get back to normal. So, im afraid i dont wana take any risk

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                ......I guess I don't trust men
                Dont trust men but at least try to trust your man

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  I'm married. What's sex?
                  +1
                  Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Wouldn't this pill make you bald?

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    A male contraceptive jab could be as effective at preventing pregnancies as the female pill or condoms, work shows.

The monthly testosterone injection works by temporarily blocking sperm production and could revolutionise birth control, experts believe.

In trials in China only one man in 100 fathered a child while on the injections, the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism reports.

Six months after stopping the jabs the men's sperm counts returned to normal.

Linky

Poll shortly
                    Isn't it true that one of the main causes of baldness is a high testosterone level, so wouldn't this injection make you bald as well as infertile? Add to that the fact that you're not being protected from any diseases, the 2% failure rate and the requirement for a monthly injection, and I'm not convinced this is going to take off.

Comment

Originally posted by landl View Post
                      Isn't it true that one of the main causes of baldness is a high testosterone level, so wouldn't this injection make you bald as well as infertile? Add to that the fact that you're not being protected from any diseases, the 2% failure rate and the requirement for a monthly injection, and I'm not convinced this is going to take off.
                      One of the causes of male-pattern baldness (alopecia) is over-secretion of testosterone and for this reason those who suffer this would be (probably) prevented from using it or otherwise discouraged by their GPs.

We hope.

Comment

Working...
                      X