• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you use a male contraceptive jab?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would take it, but not if involved an injection every month - too much faff.

The lady one is a sub-cutaneous capsule replaced every three months - I'd have a male version of that.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

"In trials in China only one man in 100 fathered a child while on the injections"

Seems quite a high "failure" rate.

Of course any child is a joy............

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        "In trials in China only one man in 100 fathered a child while on the injections"

Seems quite a high "failure" rate.

Of course any child is a joy............
        I pregnancy rate by using condoms is 2% a year. So it is actually a very good failure rate.

P.S had the snip, so not much use for me.
        Originally posted by cailin maith
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          How can you worry about needles but let someone stick a burning poker into your nads?
          That's a very valid point for which I don't have a good answer

Admittedly they didn't use a hot iron on my nads, or if they did it was after I passed out due to the two bricks being brought together a bit sharpish.

Comment

no

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              How many women would trust a man to take 'invisible' precautions?
              Only need one, and I'd take her with me to the GP surgery so she could see the device being implanted.

Comment

If I were single and were having a casual fling I would use condoms as you have no idea where 'its' been.
                In a longer relationship I would still not trust the man with MY fertility, because at the end of the day I am the one who will be (quite literally) left holding the baby.
                Its not that I don't trust men, its just that.......hmm
                ......I guess I don't trust men
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  If I were single and were having a casual fling I would use condoms as you have no idea where 'its' been.
                  In a longer relationship I would still not trust the man with MY fertility, because at the end of the day I am the one who will be (quite literally) left holding the baby.
                  Ah, the battle of the sexes. Has to be said I do understand Pogles' position. I was in a relationship once where we were trying for a child and, having gotten pregnant, my partner decided that despite her agreement and willingness (this wasn't "trying for a couple of days", this was "trying for a year") she wanted to have a termination.

With beliefs and actions such as this, is it any surprise that the expression "snakes with tits" is used?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    Guys should take this for the same reason. The bird might be left holding the baby, but the guy might be left holding the bill.
                    There's a woman here in clientco who fears her 16 yr old son is being set up by a flat-seeking, income for life seeking slapperooni

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      Guys should take this for the same reason. The bird might be left holding the baby, but the guy might be left holding the bill.
                      There's a woman here in clientco who fears her 16 yr old son is being set up by a flat-seeking, income for life seeking slapperooni

flat-seeking, income for life seeking slapperooni = expression of the day

Comment

Working...
                      X