• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will code C# for food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    You need to get into the habit of hiding some crafty bugs and performance bottlenecks in your code. Ones than can easily be attributed to .NET just being crap, and can only be resolved by your uber impressive programming and optimisation skills.
    That's getting more difficult; as the compiler and JIT optimise a lot of your bad programming without you knowing.
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Just seen this come up on Jobserve

ASP developer Contract

My client has a long term contract requirement for an experienced classic ASP developer. You must have good commercial experience in ASP development.

If you have a good understanding of HTML, CSS coding that would be an advantage.

This is a 6-12 month contract

It will be £8 - 9 per hour.

Please contact me ASAP if you are interested in this role.

Location Kidderminster
      Country UK
      Start Date ASAP
      Duration 6-9 months
      Rate £7 - £9 per hour
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Looking on the bright side, my house is only about 200 yards from the local Job Centre.
        I knew someone with a rented flat like that. He thought he had a barging but the place always smelt of stale fags, booze and p... I gather that there were drug dealers, fights, etc going on outside his front door. His landlord was wiser than him and locked him into a minimum six month contract so he couldn’t leave before.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
          That's getting more difficult; as the compiler and JIT optimise a lot of your bad programming without you knowing.
          Guess things have changed a lot since my borland C compiler days.
          Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            Just seen this come up on Jobserve

ASP developer Contract

My client has a long term contract requirement for an experienced classic ASP developer. You must have good commercial experience in ASP development.

If you have a good understanding of HTML, CSS coding that would be an advantage.

This is a 6-12 month contract

It will be £8 - 9 per hour.

Please contact me ASAP if you are interested in this role.

Location Kidderminster
            Country UK
            Start Date ASAP
            Duration 6-9 months
            Rate £7 - £9 per hour
            I had similar rates when i was in uni n worked in call centre,Next, WH Smith etc......

However if im on bench and really desperate, i might go for it only if 'work from home' option is available.

FFS no1 in his/ her right mind will ever be interested in that and spending aprox a quid/litre. I never heard of this place(Kidderminster) before, google map suggested its closer to 2 places which iv ever heard of Bham and Worcestor...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Well indeed, and it'll be full speed ahead on the Plan B from next week.
              Good! Not all lost for you then: I recommend you start at 8am on Saturday however, not "next week".

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
                I had similar rates when i was in uni n worked in call centre,Next, WH Smith etc......

However if im on bench and really desperate, i might go for it only if 'work from home' option is available.

FFS no1 in his/ her right mind will ever be interested in that and spending aprox a quid/litre. I never heard of this place(Kidderminster) before, google map suggested its closer to 2 places which iv ever heard of Bham and Worcestor...
                Never heard of Kidderminster??
                Why it is the foundation of the great carpet industry of Britain.
                Wonder if this gig is for a carpet manufacturer? Could they be using dream'weaver' for web design?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Guess things have changed a lot since my borland C compiler days.
                  Ho hum.
                  Yeah went to lecture on "Writing tulip code in C#", and he showed that most of the mistakes that could be made in previous versions of .net / vb / C, were all solved by the complier.

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
                    Yeah went to lecture on "Writing tulip code in C#", and he showed that most of the mistakes that could be made in previous versions of .net / vb / C, were all solved by the complier.
                    The compiler is not yet intelligent enough to restructure crap architecture however. Some of the garbage I've seen..the developers must have gone to the "writing unintelligible shyte in .NET" lecture.
                    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
                      The compiler is not yet intelligent enough to restructure crap architecture however. Some of the garbage I've seen..the developers must have gone to the "writing unintelligible shyte in .NET" lecture.
                      Yeah, it's nice to know that most developers are tulip. Gives us some hope our skills will be required in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X