• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Will code C# for food"

Collapse

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
    The compiler is not yet intelligent enough to restructure crap architecture however. Some of the garbage I've seen..the developers must have gone to the "writing unintelligible shyte in .NET" lecture.
    Yeah, it's nice to know that most developers are tulip. Gives us some hope our skills will be required in the future.

Leave a comment:

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    Yeah went to lecture on "Writing tulip code in C#", and he showed that most of the mistakes that could be made in previous versions of .net / vb / C, were all solved by the complier.
    The compiler is not yet intelligent enough to restructure crap architecture however. Some of the garbage I've seen..the developers must have gone to the "writing unintelligible shyte in .NET" lecture.

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Guess things have changed a lot since my borland C compiler days.
    Ho hum.
    Yeah went to lecture on "Writing tulip code in C#", and he showed that most of the mistakes that could be made in previous versions of .net / vb / C, were all solved by the complier.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by denver2k View Post
    I had similar rates when i was in uni n worked in call centre,Next, WH Smith etc......

However if im on bench and really desperate, i might go for it only if 'work from home' option is available.

FFS no1 in his/ her right mind will ever be interested in that and spending aprox a quid/litre. I never heard of this place(Kidderminster) before, google map suggested its closer to 2 places which iv ever heard of Bham and Worcestor...
    Never heard of Kidderminster??
    Why it is the foundation of the great carpet industry of Britain.
    Wonder if this gig is for a carpet manufacturer? Could they be using dream'weaver' for web design?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Well indeed, and it'll be full speed ahead on the Plan B from next week.
    Good! Not all lost for you then: I recommend you start at 8am on Saturday however, not "next week".

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Just seen this come up on Jobserve

ASP developer Contract

My client has a long term contract requirement for an experienced classic ASP developer. You must have good commercial experience in ASP development.

If you have a good understanding of HTML, CSS coding that would be an advantage.

This is a 6-12 month contract

It will be £8 - 9 per hour.

Please contact me ASAP if you are interested in this role.

Location Kidderminster
    Country UK
    Start Date ASAP
    Duration 6-9 months
    Rate £7 - £9 per hour
    I had similar rates when i was in uni n worked in call centre,Next, WH Smith etc......

However if im on bench and really desperate, i might go for it only if 'work from home' option is available.

FFS no1 in his/ her right mind will ever be interested in that and spending aprox a quid/litre. I never heard of this place(Kidderminster) before, google map suggested its closer to 2 places which iv ever heard of Bham and Worcestor...

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    That's getting more difficult; as the compiler and JIT optimise a lot of your bad programming without you knowing.
    Guess things have changed a lot since my borland C compiler days.
    Ho hum.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Looking on the bright side, my house is only about 200 yards from the local Job Centre.
    I knew someone with a rented flat like that. He thought he had a barging but the place always smelt of stale fags, booze and p... I gather that there were drug dealers, fights, etc going on outside his front door. His landlord was wiser than him and locked him into a minimum six month contract so he couldn’t leave before.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Just seen this come up on Jobserve

ASP developer Contract

My client has a long term contract requirement for an experienced classic ASP developer. You must have good commercial experience in ASP development.

If you have a good understanding of HTML, CSS coding that would be an advantage.

This is a 6-12 month contract

It will be £8 - 9 per hour.

Please contact me ASAP if you are interested in this role.

Location Kidderminster
    Country UK
    Start Date ASAP
    Duration 6-9 months
    Rate £7 - £9 per hour

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    You need to get into the habit of hiding some crafty bugs and performance bottlenecks in your code. Ones than can easily be attributed to .NET just being crap, and can only be resolved by your uber impressive programming and optimisation skills.
    That's getting more difficult; as the compiler and JIT optimise a lot of your bad programming without you knowing.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    So now I have 6 months of C#/.NET behind me (finished contract today), I assume I can now look forward to lots of phone calls from agents with increasingly lucrative offers as they compete for my in demand skills?

Or has the gravy train slowed down a bit?

Looking on the bright side, my house is only about 200 yards from the local Job Centre.
    You need to get into the habit of hiding some crafty bugs and performance bottlenecks in your code. Ones than can easily be attributed to .NET just being crap, and can only be resolved by your uber impressive programming and optimisation skills.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I have a patio that needs laying.
    Atwat needs laying. I think he is offering squirrel food.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I have a patio that needs laying.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    One needs to aim to run his own train, even if it's as small as SKA-Net-Express...
    Well indeed, and it'll be full speed ahead on the Plan B from next week. The advantage of there being no jobs is that I don't have to worry about whether I'm doing the right thing or not.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    One needs to aim to run his own train, even if it's as small as SKA-Net-Express...
    unprofitable

Leave a comment:

Working...
X