• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anti Virals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've got the opportunity to buy Tamiflu and Relenza anti-viral drugs. They are quite expensive.

Do I shell out £1000 to cover my whole family just in case or take a chance that the NHS will save us?

Discuss.
    What is it with the issuing of an instruction for people to "discuss" a topic? If your post is of sufficient interest or provides a carefully constructed argument, naturally people will "discuss".

I could buy some Tamiflu, do you think I should? Hardly warrants a discussion.

But yeah, for what it's worth, go ahead, knock yourself out. Maybe buy 2 lots each just in case....

Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Front line services protected? Good to know us truckers are protected them

When there was the fuel strikes a number of years ago (my dad as I wasn't a trucker then) was allowed to pull fuel out at the fuel stations as he and other food distribution people were deemed "essential".

Happy dying non essential IT dudes

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
        What is it with the issuing of an instruction for people to "discuss" a topic?
        "Issuing an instruction to discuss a thread within a thread should not be allowed".

Discuss.
        Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          There are stockpiles for 50% of the population, a large slice of that will be pre-allocated for front line services and the vulnerable. I wouldnt rely on anyone

Labour politicians and civil servants
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Labour politicians and civil servants

yep
            NHS staff, doctors, truckers, police, old, infirm, cross dressers

everyone except contractors

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
            X