• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Anti Virals

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anti Virals"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Labour politicians and civil servants

yep
    NHS staff, doctors, truckers, police, old, infirm, cross dressers

everyone except contractors

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    There are stockpiles for 50% of the population, a large slice of that will be pre-allocated for front line services and the vulnerable. I wouldnt rely on anyone

Labour politicians and civil servants

Leave a comment:

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravello View Post
    What is it with the issuing of an instruction for people to "discuss" a topic?
    "Issuing an instruction to discuss a thread within a thread should not be allowed".

Discuss.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Front line services protected? Good to know us truckers are protected them

When there was the fuel strikes a number of years ago (my dad as I wasn't a trucker then) was allowed to pull fuel out at the fuel stations as he and other food distribution people were deemed "essential".

Happy dying non essential IT dudes

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've got the opportunity to buy Tamiflu and Relenza anti-viral drugs. They are quite expensive.

Do I shell out £1000 to cover my whole family just in case or take a chance that the NHS will save us?

Discuss.
    What is it with the issuing of an instruction for people to "discuss" a topic? If your post is of sufficient interest or provides a carefully constructed argument, naturally people will "discuss".

I could buy some Tamiflu, do you think I should? Hardly warrants a discussion.

But yeah, for what it's worth, go ahead, knock yourself out. Maybe buy 2 lots each just in case....

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    What shape and colour are Tamiflu tablets? Is Tesco the best place to buy food colouring, talcum power and flour? I also need a mould and franking machine with 'best before 2050' written on it.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Just read this which might be useful :

The problem with the swine fever scare- as with the avian influenza scare of 2005 - is that people panic and believe there will not be sufficient officially stockpiled anti-viral drugs to go round in the event of a pandemic in Britain.

Therefore they circumvent the legal requirement to get a doctor's prescription for Tamiflu by importing, at grossly inflated prices, the anti-viral drug from overseas pharmacies who offer their wares on-line. Instead of genuine Tamiflu, they could be buying a potentially dangerous adulterated drug, or a useless mixture of talcum powder and water.

Furthermore, Tamiflu has a use-by date, so those who pay hundreds of pounds for a stockpile for their family could be buying a batch that could be out of date in a year's time, and therefore of no use in a future pandemic.

The Government needs to take immediate action on this irrational and wasteful importation.

Actually you are wrong. It is a UK company that offers an online meeting with a UK doctor that then writes out a prescription.

So you can then buy it from any UK pharmacy.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Just read this which might be useful :

The problem with the swine fever scare- as with the avian influenza scare of 2005 - is that people panic and believe there will not be sufficient officially stockpiled anti-viral drugs to go round in the event of a pandemic in Britain.

Therefore they circumvent the legal requirement to get a doctor's prescription for Tamiflu by importing, at grossly inflated prices, the anti-viral drug from overseas pharmacies who offer their wares on-line. Instead of genuine Tamiflu, they could be buying a potentially dangerous adulterated drug, or a useless mixture of talcum powder and water.

Furthermore, Tamiflu has a use-by date, so those who pay hundreds of pounds for a stockpile for their family could be buying a batch that could be out of date in a year's time, and therefore of no use in a future pandemic.

The Government needs to take immediate action on this irrational and wasteful importation.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I heard last night they have a short shelf life.

They recommend no point in buying it, as if you have the symptoms you should pop round to the Dr anyway and he'll prescribe it.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    I've got the opportunity to buy Tamiflu and Relenza anti-viral drugs. They are quite expensive.

Do I shell out £1000 to cover my whole family just in case or take a chance that the NHS will save us?

Discuss.
    It depends. How many of them are 'fee earners'? For those that aren't I'd just put them to bed with a lemsip and a good book.

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    I was paranoid enough to but Tamiflu in the early days of the avian flu media hype. The packets say expiry date of 2006. Will they still work? Cost me about £70 I think...

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied

Discuss.
    Buy it. Use it on your family. Refill the containers with tap water. Sell the refills on ebay for a profit.

BOOMED!!!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Discuss.
    Can I get in on this round? Also can I get a bag of scratchings and a whiskey chaser?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Discuss.
    There are stockpiles for 50% of the population, a large slice of that will be pre-allocated for front line services and the vulnerable. I wouldnt rely on anyone

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Anti Virals

Anti Virals

Discuss.

Working...
X