• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently drinking ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Is that the one where you have to walk up a hill in the Lake District?
    Nah, just aisle 14 in the local Morrisons.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Fursty Ferret.

At lunchtime, had a pint of Golden Oxford (to test if all Oxfordshire bitter was bad, it was quite good) then a pint of Adnams Broadside.

The Broadside was the bottom of the barrel. I took it back to the bar where they looked at it and said "Thanks for letting us know" and that was that. No refund nor replacement.

I have already made a complaint to HQ about the food (raw, cold, pork sausages in a toad-in-the-hole) in that poncy pub-that-thinks-its-a-restaurant. I shall be complaining to the Cask Marque people about the beer tomorrow.

I wish my Dad wouldn't insist on going there.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Fursty Ferret.

At lunchtime, had a pint of Golden Oxford (to test if all Oxfordshire bitter was bad, it was quite good) then a pint of Adnams Broadside.

The Broadside was the bottom of the barrel. I took it back to the bar where they looked at it and said "Thanks for letting us know" and that was that. No refund nor replacement.

I have already made a complaint to HQ about the food (raw, cold, pork sausages in a toad-in-the-hole) in that poncy pub-that-thinks-its-a-restaurant. I shall be complaining to the Cask Marque people about the beer tomorrow.

I wish my Dad wouldn't insist on going there.
        The Sun Inn, Hook Norton. Lovely
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Fursty Ferret.
          A "Badger Beer" if I remember correctly. Tasty, and from Dorset too!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

Stop it! You are making me jealous.

There is a "shop for poms" here in Auckland and it does stock Badger Beers. So far I have refused to go there on principle though.

The beer is one thing but drinking it in a good country pub is something that cannot be replicated here.

EDIT: And I am drinking a cup of tea because it is Monday lunchtime.
            Last edited by Gonzo; 3 August 2009, 01:03. Reason: Added current drink.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

I had some rather refreshing 'Lomony cricket' & 'Tangle foot' in a Badger pub down in Dorset a couple of weeks back ...which was nice.

I know two people who refuse to drink Badgers?? Both Cock-a-nees mind.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I am very fond of Badger beers. I once got a shelf-full of Badger Original Ale at 49p per bottle in a petrol station where the staff were clueless.

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                I had some rather refreshing 'Lomony cricket' & 'Tangle foot' in a Badger pub down in Dorset a couple of weeks back ...which was nice.

I know two people who refuse to drink Badgers?? Both Cock-a-nees mind.
                Lemony. My local had that on draught (despite not being a tied pub) but I don't like that. But then I do not like my beers adulterated. Hence I do not like their Blandford Fly (beer with ginger in IIRC) either.

Why someone would blanket-ban Badgers I cannot imagine. They do such a broad range of ales I should have thought there was something for everyone.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

No messing, a proper drink.

Theakston's Old Peculier.

I've not had one of these for many a year.

Comment

Glass of bog-standard cava
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

St Austell Brewery's Tribute.

I prefer it on draught but it is OK in the bottle too.

Comment

Working...
                      X