• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving abroad...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    They will bitch and moan but most will hang on until the tories get in to see if it changes.

Will cameron and his bumchum have the balls to cut the top rate back to 40% and instead raise taxes on everyone equally? I doubt it. Which leaves them a little snookered.

An astute politcal move by el Gordo's and his mob?
    With the gigantic deficit they will inherit I don't see how they would be able to repeal the 50% rate. Admittedly it won't nett anything like as much tax as Darling forecasts, but they will hang onto any source of tax revenue that they can.

Comment

Great - I would like to see as many overpaid City People live the UK for good - their recklessness has done untold damage - let them destory some other countrys economy for a change.

And make sure their passports are bnned as they leave.

Bye !

Comment

You could try Croatia.

Get a Croatian bank account, Croatian address. Don't work in the UK. With an ex-pat accountant/brolly, you won't ever pay a penny in tax to anyone.

Job done.

Right upya Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          With the gigantic deficit they will inherit I don't see how they would be able to repeal the 50% rate. Admittedly it won't nett anything like as much tax as Darling forecasts, but they will hang onto any source of tax revenue that they can.
          Cancel the Trident upgrade - thats 20 Billion for a kick off.

You must be mad to try to justify 20 billion expenditure on this folly when the country is broke.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            Great - I would like to see as many overpaid City People live the UK for good - their recklessness has done untold damage - let them destory some other countrys economy for a change.

Bye !
            You didn't read the article did you.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Bye !
              Go and read article first

Comment

Cancel the Trident upgrade - thats 20 Billion for a kick off.

You must be mad to try to justify 20 billion expenditure on this folly when the country is broke.
                I've never tried to justify the Trident upgrade programme, nor would I. £20 bln wouldn't solve the country's problems, but it would be a fairly sizable drop in the bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  I've never tried to justify the Trident upgrade programme, nor would I. £20 bln wouldn't solve the country's problems, but it would be a fairly sizable drop in the bucket.
                  It would if he stuck it all on Red
                  Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
                  I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

We need a few people to leave our over-populated island, especially at a time of high unemployment. These people really should not bleat as they were probably guilty of voting Labour anyway. They will be back once the Tories get the economy back into gear. Unfortunately, that could take at least their first full term.

Comment

Oh did I forget to mention our 'investment' in the War against Terror - or whatever its bradned these days

The Home Office's "war on terror" ID cards continue to wander through the Whitehall undergrowth, gorging between £5bn and £19bn, according to estimate.

So cancelleing Trident and the above - problem solved.

PS Trident still costs 160 million operation costs per annum - which is nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X