• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New toys...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got one of these last month

Probably the best plasma screen ever, but got a beige one to keep the wife happy as it goes with our decor!!

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/television...9300333,00.htm

It's a Pioneer KRP-500 ABG and it's stunning.
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
      Got one of these last month

Probably the best plasma screen ever, but got a beige one to keep the wife happy as it goes with our decor!!

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/television...9300333,00.htm

It's a Pioneer KRP-500 ABG and it's stunning.
      Awesome piece of kit that. I really fancy the KRP-500M (same as above but without the media box) but can't really justify upgrading from our Pioneer 507XD just yet.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        Asics Kayanos for the feet - Garmin Forerunner for the wrist - maybe something for the in-between
        well not grey running shorts, I could not work out why I was getting looks from the ladies on the way in, swetty jocks show through grey shorts!
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Nice one!

I'd have worked my way through the beer too quickly, and ended up with a tricycle!

Got an off-the-shelf Focus Mares Expert to experiment with for a while. Entry level really. This weekend will be my first time ever with proper pedals. I anticipate one or two comedy slow-motion falls before I get used to them.
          I've adjusted the clips on mine so the left foot is looser so I can put my foot down if needed.......in two years with the clips I've only needed to once....
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Plasma

Just bought a new Panasonic G10 46" plasma, BDMP35 Blu Ray, 4 Quad 11L speakers, a Quad 11L2 centre, a BK XLS200 sub, a Slimserver, a 2Tb Tranquil PC SQA-5H, a Sony DA2400ES amp.....and a new burglar alarm and a big dog.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              Just bought a new Panasonic G10 46" plasma, BDMP35 Blu Ray, 4 Quad 11L speakers, a Quad 11L2 centre, a BK XLS200 sub, a Slimserver, a 2Tb Tranquil PC SQA-5H, a Sony DA2400ES amp.....and a new burglar alarm and a big dog.
              Some great kit there Lockhouse. I have a BK XLS200-DF MK2 in Cherry - it's so nice it's almost a piece of furniture.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                Some great kit there Lockhouse. I have a BK XLS200-DF MK2 in Cherry - it's so nice it's almost a piece of furniture.
                Cheers - it's my pride and joy. Good call with the sub - That XLS200 really packs a punch. Mine's the DF as well in gloss black - In fact all of my speakers are gloss black - the Quads are on Atacama Aurora 6 glass stands with black and silver granite fillings.

Looks like the mutts and sounds quite good too....
                Last edited by Lockhouse; 22 April 2009, 09:32. Reason: Said Nexus instead of Aurora
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  Cheers - it's my pride and joy. Good call with the sub - That XLS200 really packs a punch. Mine's the DF as well in gloss black - In fact all of my speakers are gloss black - the Quads are on Atacama Aurora 6 glass stands with black and silver granite fillings.

Looks like the mutts and sounds quite good too....
                  Sounds like you have quite a set-up there. That sub really does pack a punch doesn't it - I was torn between that and the Monolith at the time, but judging from the performance of the XLS the Monolith might have caused structural damage to my house!

I have 5 Gallo Nucleus Micro's (still haven't fitted the centre one though) which are great for movies but I really need something else for music, so I'm trying to convince Lady VF that we need some nice Mission floor standers that I can run off a seperate 2 channel zone on the Denon AVR-2307.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    Awesome piece of kit that. I really fancy the KRP-500M (same as above but without the media box) but can't really justify upgrading from our Pioneer 507XD just yet.
                    Thanks,I also got this model to keep all the cables tidy, another tick from the missus, otherwise the 500M is a good bet.

but if you ever wanted a reson to upgrade, you will probably know that Pioneer will stop production of Plasma's soon.
                    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Thanks,I also got this model to keep all the cables tidy, another tick from the missus, otherwise the 500M is a good bet.
                      Fortunately my amp also does video switching so I only need to run one HDMI and one power cable to the panel anyway. Otherwise it would be a nightmare and not very wife-friendly as you say!

but if you ever wanted a reson to upgrade, you will probably know that Pioneer will stop production of Plasma's soon.
                      Yeah, I heard a while back that the plan was to share their technology with Panasonic and use them as manufacturing arm. I don't know whether this is still the plan though.

If there is still stock around in a couple of months then (pending a contract extension) I might be tempted to upgrade. Anyone want to buy a second hand 507XD?

Comment

Working...
                      X