• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New toys...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New toys..."

Collapse

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    Thanks,I also got this model to keep all the cables tidy, another tick from the missus, otherwise the 500M is a good bet.
    Fortunately my amp also does video switching so I only need to run one HDMI and one power cable to the panel anyway. Otherwise it would be a nightmare and not very wife-friendly as you say!

but if you ever wanted a reson to upgrade, you will probably know that Pioneer will stop production of Plasma's soon.
    Yeah, I heard a while back that the plan was to share their technology with Panasonic and use them as manufacturing arm. I don't know whether this is still the plan though.

If there is still stock around in a couple of months then (pending a contract extension) I might be tempted to upgrade. Anyone want to buy a second hand 507XD?

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Awesome piece of kit that. I really fancy the KRP-500M (same as above but without the media box) but can't really justify upgrading from our Pioneer 507XD just yet.
    Thanks,I also got this model to keep all the cables tidy, another tick from the missus, otherwise the 500M is a good bet.

but if you ever wanted a reson to upgrade, you will probably know that Pioneer will stop production of Plasma's soon.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Cheers - it's my pride and joy. Good call with the sub - That XLS200 really packs a punch. Mine's the DF as well in gloss black - In fact all of my speakers are gloss black - the Quads are on Atacama Aurora 6 glass stands with black and silver granite fillings.

Looks like the mutts and sounds quite good too....
    Sounds like you have quite a set-up there. That sub really does pack a punch doesn't it - I was torn between that and the Monolith at the time, but judging from the performance of the XLS the Monolith might have caused structural damage to my house!

I have 5 Gallo Nucleus Micro's (still haven't fitted the centre one though) which are great for movies but I really need something else for music, so I'm trying to convince Lady VF that we need some nice Mission floor standers that I can run off a seperate 2 channel zone on the Denon AVR-2307.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Some great kit there Lockhouse. I have a BK XLS200-DF MK2 in Cherry - it's so nice it's almost a piece of furniture.
    Cheers - it's my pride and joy. Good call with the sub - That XLS200 really packs a punch. Mine's the DF as well in gloss black - In fact all of my speakers are gloss black - the Quads are on Atacama Aurora 6 glass stands with black and silver granite fillings.

Looks like the mutts and sounds quite good too....
    Last edited by Lockhouse; 22 April 2009, 09:32. Reason: Said Nexus instead of Aurora

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Just bought a new Panasonic G10 46" plasma, BDMP35 Blu Ray, 4 Quad 11L speakers, a Quad 11L2 centre, a BK XLS200 sub, a Slimserver, a 2Tb Tranquil PC SQA-5H, a Sony DA2400ES amp.....and a new burglar alarm and a big dog.
    Some great kit there Lockhouse. I have a BK XLS200-DF MK2 in Cherry - it's so nice it's almost a piece of furniture.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Plasma

Just bought a new Panasonic G10 46" plasma, BDMP35 Blu Ray, 4 Quad 11L speakers, a Quad 11L2 centre, a BK XLS200 sub, a Slimserver, a 2Tb Tranquil PC SQA-5H, a Sony DA2400ES amp.....and a new burglar alarm and a big dog.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Nice one!

I'd have worked my way through the beer too quickly, and ended up with a tricycle!

Got an off-the-shelf Focus Mares Expert to experiment with for a while. Entry level really. This weekend will be my first time ever with proper pedals. I anticipate one or two comedy slow-motion falls before I get used to them.
    I've adjusted the clips on mine so the left foot is looser so I can put my foot down if needed.......in two years with the clips I've only needed to once....

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Asics Kayanos for the feet - Garmin Forerunner for the wrist - maybe something for the in-between
    well not grey running shorts, I could not work out why I was getting looks from the ladies on the way in, swetty jocks show through grey shorts!

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Got one of these last month

Probably the best plasma screen ever, but got a beige one to keep the wife happy as it goes with our decor!!

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/television...9300333,00.htm

It's a Pioneer KRP-500 ABG and it's stunning.
    Awesome piece of kit that. I really fancy the KRP-500M (same as above but without the media box) but can't really justify upgrading from our Pioneer 507XD just yet.

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Got one of these last month

Probably the best plasma screen ever, but got a beige one to keep the wife happy as it goes with our decor!!

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/television...9300333,00.htm

It's a Pioneer KRP-500 ABG and it's stunning.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I now have two identical 22" monitors for my PC.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    New toys I'm getting lots sort of, completed on buying my ex out of the house couple of days ago so thats my first big toy haha, got a good price good timing with down turn She took ALL the funiture, everything, left me with my PC, a blow up bed and old TV, so I've to replace the lot, all white goods, will be so glad to have a dishwasher back first purchase, TV , funiture, saved up so have the cash to spend hopefully should get some good deals, going to enjoy the spend up
    Doll

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    New toys I'm getting lots sort of, completed on buying my ex out of the house couple of days ago so thats my first big toy haha, got a good price good timing with down turn She took ALL the funiture, everything, left me with my PC, a blow up bed and old TV, so I've to replace the lot, all white goods, will be so glad to have a dishwasher back first purchase, TV , funiture, saved up so have the cash to spend hopefully should get some good deals, going to enjoy the spend up

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    New 42" telly, Greenhouse.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I recently bought a Nikon D40, going out and taking photos of random stuff is keeping me sane while benched

Leave a comment:

Working...
X