• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
    If your parents don't like your wife
    They certainly wouldn't if that ex-wife is trying to steal their money that they wanted to pass to their children.

IMO this country needs a cap of £1 mln on any divorce settlement - such thing as "joint" accounts should be banned: everyone have their own account and the only split may be for items that were bought together (say house), and even in this case at the time of purchase shares of it should be fixed.

This would make divorce a stress-free option

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

wow. I am gobsmacked
      stress free, eh ?

next week children, we will teach you how to make box-girder bridges

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        next week children, we will teach you how to make box-girder bridges
        It sure as heck going to be a lot less stress free if you know you won't lose your alive parent's inheritance

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          So you're an expert on divorce now, AtW?

Usually it's customary to lose your virginity first.
          Getting divorced is possibly the only way AtW is ever going to get ****ed.

Comment

It sure as heck going to be a lot less stress free if you know you won't lose your alive parent's inheritance
            Probably in the same way that having four inches of barbed wire inserted in your rectum is less stressful if the perpetrator says 'you're sooo lucky, this might have been four and a quarter inches'

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Probably in the same way that having four inches of barbed wire inserted in your rectum is less stressful if the perpetrator says 'you're sooo lucky, this might have been four and a quarter inches'

Sounds like you are talking from experience......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Sounds like you are talking from experience......
                Absolutely. I was divorced over 25 years ago and it was terrible, close to bereavement. The idea that it was stress free because our parents had nothing to bequeath is laughable beyond parody.

how's the lad ?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

It won't be counted unless you already got it or just in process of getting it (ie your parents died last week and divorce was filed month ago).
                  You are wrong - I have direct experience of this.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

everyone have their own account and the only split may be for items that were bought together (say house), and even in this case at the time of purchase shares of it should be fixed.

Right?
                    So if wifey stays at home looking after the infants, in order to enable hubby to go out and build a multi million pound empire, whilst the infants grow up in a loving and nuturing environment rather than some childminder, she gets nothing back from it?

AtW, I've said it before and I'll say it again.
                    Bollocks.
                    Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                      Right?
                      So if wifey stays at home looking after the infants, in order to enable hubby to go out and build a multi million pound empire, whilst the infants grow up in a loving and nuturing environment rather than some childminder, she gets nothing back from it?

AtW, I've said it before and I'll say it again.
                      Bollocks.
                      I coiuld not agree more. These things should be fair and proportional.

Comment

Working...
                      X