• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Divorce advice

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Divorce advice"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    Right?
    So if wifey stays at home looking after the infants, in order to enable hubby to go out and build a multi million pound empire, whilst the infants grow up in a loving and nuturing environment rather than some childminder, she gets nothing back from it?

AtW, I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    Bollocks.
    I coiuld not agree more. These things should be fair and proportional.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    everyone have their own account and the only split may be for items that were bought together (say house), and even in this case at the time of purchase shares of it should be fixed.

This would make divorce a stress-free option
    Right?
    So if wifey stays at home looking after the infants, in order to enable hubby to go out and build a multi million pound empire, whilst the infants grow up in a loving and nuturing environment rather than some childminder, she gets nothing back from it?

AtW, I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    Bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    It won't be counted unless you already got it or just in process of getting it (ie your parents died last week and divorce was filed month ago).
    You are wrong - I have direct experience of this.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Sounds like you are talking from experience......
    Absolutely. I was divorced over 25 years ago and it was terrible, close to bereavement. The idea that it was stress free because our parents had nothing to bequeath is laughable beyond parody.

how's the lad ?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Probably in the same way that having four inches of barbed wire inserted in your rectum is less stressful if the perpetrator says 'you're sooo lucky, this might have been four and a quarter inches'

Sounds like you are talking from experience......

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    It sure as heck going to be a lot less stress free if you know you won't lose your alive parent's inheritance
    Probably in the same way that having four inches of barbed wire inserted in your rectum is less stressful if the perpetrator says 'you're sooo lucky, this might have been four and a quarter inches'

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So you're an expert on divorce now, AtW?

Usually it's customary to lose your virginity first.
    Getting divorced is possibly the only way AtW is ever going to get ****ed.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    next week children, we will teach you how to make box-girder bridges
    It sure as heck going to be a lot less stress free if you know you won't lose your alive parent's inheritance

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

wow. I am gobsmacked
    stress free, eh ?

next week children, we will teach you how to make box-girder bridges

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
    If your parents don't like your wife
    They certainly wouldn't if that ex-wife is trying to steal their money that they wanted to pass to their children.

IMO this country needs a cap of £1 mln on any divorce settlement - such thing as "joint" accounts should be banned: everyone have their own account and the only split may be for items that were bought together (say house), and even in this case at the time of purchase shares of it should be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Good, so you finally agree.
    No I don't

Originally posted by ASB View Post
    I never said any more than they can consider it, which you now seem to accept.
    Unless they are high on drugs they won't consider it for that particular case I defined - it did not happen and it won't happen, and even if it will then it will be overturned pretty quickly.

Leave a comment:

• JamieMoles
    replied
    In order to be included, the expectation needs to be a real and imminent prospect, testators can make a new will whenever they wish and the court cannot order a third party to reveal his intentions nor stick to them.
    I think the two parts highlighted here make the inclusion of most inheritances unlikely as AtW said.

Firstly they have to be imminent, secondly the courts can't order your parents to reveal their intentions.

If your parents don't like your wife (or can be persuaded not to cooperate) then it's essentially game over for her attempting to tap into your inheritance.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    and unless you can show actual cases that split future inheritance while parents were alive I won't accept that this possibility is anything but remote: parents can just change will and that's it, no inheritance.
    Good, so you finally agree. I never said any more than they can consider it, which you now seem to accept.

Oh, BTW, look for Zoe Rowland. Don't think it's actually settled and I doubt the judgement will become public anyway, but that is somebody actively persuing a claim against her ex husbands future inheritance.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am sure the charitable foundations will be grateful for the huge amounts they receive.......
    It will be charitable fund in my name

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I plan to put most of my SKA money into charitable foundation - I'd like to see ex-wife trying to get anything out of it
    I am sure the charitable foundations will be grateful for the huge amounts they receive.......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X