• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football related thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    I guess maybe they would. There'd need to be agreement from the SFA, the FA and UEFA first.
    And therefore also the football league presumably. And I cant see the smaller clubs going along with this without a serious rejig of the tv money distribution down the the lower leagues.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
      I think a season or 2 in the Championship will do Newcastle a world of good.
      I do actually agree with this - I think a short spell in the Championship will do wonders for the club long term (if you take the financial aspect out of it).

The d*ck heads who call for a new manager every time we loose a couple of games, and the complete arse holes who have it in for Ashley (a guy who's ploughed a fortune into the club and came in open armed to the supporters)...they'll either go, or just finally shut up.

But I just think we'll get out of it. Yes we haven't won many games all season, but it's once again been a very unsettling season for us. We may just have the stability and enthusiasm in the dressing room now that we need.

When Vaduka and Martins came on yesterday the whole match lifted. The results didn't go our way, but if we use that buzz and take it forward to next Monday we'll be laughing teacakes
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
        And therefore also the football league presumably. And I cant see the smaller clubs going along with this without a serious rejig of the tv money distribution down the the lower leagues.
        I don't think they get a say in it really. The premier league is seperate to the lower league teams and to be honest they control the FA.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Pompey will be a tough game
          You're right there - it'll be the decider. but i reckon we'll fight through.

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          NU have over paid for stars... Everyone knows Owen will be off.
          I wish the c**t would piss off now! I would have gave him away for free last season if I'd been in charge. he doesn't try - he's a proper goal hanger and his attitude is so lazy and disgusting.
          Shearer was the same the season before he left - no use what so ever except for sitters and penalties (which anyone can take).
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Regarding Old firms in newly shaped EPL, shouldnt it be called british premiere league then.

Both teams have their heritage and history but their core is based on religious/secterian grounds and thats what their supporters say too. And its not only old firms, but some other clubs also have their roots in that secterian stuff.

They get all this passion and excitement when they play against each other in Glasgow or fighting for titles. But, i wonder what will be the point when they'll be stuck at mid table with no hope of Europe for few years.

Will fan like that idea?

Specially, loads of Irish who fly every week to watch celtic. It will also be bit expensive for fans of both old firms to spend on their away games travels.

Iv been in Glasgow for few months and have seen their games on tele, they have quality but they can hardly match second quarter teams of Premiership.

Comment

I don't think they get a say in it really. The premier league is seperate to the lower league teams and to be honest they control the FA.
              But the football league are a seperate body from the FA (who controlt he premier league). If Rangers / Celtic want to be able to play in the english football league, then surely the football league will have to agree to it?

Maybe thats why the idea of no relegation / promotion was mooted. But IMHO that would kill football in this country as we know it, which survives on the dream of working your way up the pyramid.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
                Regarding Old firms in newly shaped EPL, shouldnt it be called british premiere league then.

Both teams have their heritage and history but their core is based on religious/secterian grounds and thats what their supporters say too. And its not only old firms, but some other clubs also have their roots in that secterian stuff.

They get all this passion and excitement when they play against each other in Glasgow or fighting for titles. But, i wonder what will be the point when they'll be stuck at mid table with no hope of Europe for few years.

Will fan like that idea?

Specially, loads of Irish who fly every week to watch celtic. It will also be bit expensive for fans of both old firms to spend on their away games travels.

Iv been in Glasgow for few months and have seen their games on tele, they have quality but they can hardly match second quarter teams of Premiership.
                Not really seen anything you've said there that would put me off the old firm playing in the premiership. The sectarian stuff is diminishing as time goes on, it's not as bitter as I remember as a kid for starters, but the rivalry would remain strong no matter where we were, or what league we played in.

And I don't believe for a second we'd be stuck in mid table with no hope of europe for a few years. I'd be surprised if we weren't in Europe within 3 and seriously challenging the top four within 5 years.

At the end of the day money doesn't buy success, but it definitly helps and celtic and rangers would be two of the best supported in the country and I think relativly wealthy clubs if they played in the premiership - half our issue is getting players to play in the SPL ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  Not really seen anything you've said there that would put me off the old firm playing in the premiership. The sectarian stuff is diminishing as time goes on, it's not as bitter as I remember as a kid for starters, but the rivalry would remain strong no matter where we were, or what league we played in.

And I don't believe for a second we'd be stuck in mid table with no hope of europe for a few years. I'd be surprised if we weren't in Europe within 3 and seriously challenging the top four within 5 years.

At the end of the day money doesn't buy success, but it definitly helps and celtic and rangers would be two of the best supported in the country and I think relativly wealthy clubs if they played in the premiership - half our issue is getting players to play in the SPL ...
                  You never know, playing in the EPL might bring both sets of fans together united against the common enemy.

No seriously, with Rangers and Celtic, it's all about doing better than the other side. I wouldn't want Rangers to go down South without Celtic. Unfortunately you don't really get one without the other and all the baggage that brings.
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

You never know, playing in the EPL might bring both sets of fans together united against the common enemy.

No seriously, with Rangers and Celtic, it's all about doing better than the other side. I wouldn't want Rangers to go down South without Celtic. Unfortunately you don't really get one without the other and all the baggage that brings.
                    I don't think anyone wants rangers fans after Manchester.

Comment

Yeah, fckin Jags. Wishy washy non-commital, kiddon football liking wnkers.
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X