• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football related thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Hey, keep your homoerotic fantasies to yourself EO.
    By implication, wearing a kilt is gay?

Would the old firm really want to give up their almost guaranteed European spots (assuming the Anglo-Scottish and Scottish leagues would get the same number as now)?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If this is a football related thread, can we taolk about our relegation predictions?

Although we're 2nd bottom, I just dont believe we'll go down.

I'm predicting West Brom, Hull and Borough!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        We're just waiting for the right moment to begin another "Great Escape"

(Anytime now would be good).
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          By implication, wearing a kilt is gay?

Would the old firm really want to give up their almost guaranteed European spots (assuming the Anglo-Scottish and Scottish leagues would get the same number as now)?
          Nope, just because he fantasises about it doesn't make it so. You could always come along to a Scotland game and conduct a poll amongst the kilt wearign supporters ...

And yeah, I'd give it up for a place in the premiership and the revenue stream we'd be guaranteed. We can even compete now with third tier premiership clubs on players any more. The money, and more presitgious leage would change that.

I'm not saying we'd win it right away, but I guarantee one of the old firm would be challening within 5 years and the big four would for sure become a big 6.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

I'm not saying we'd win it right away, but I guarantee one of the old firm would be challening within 5 years and the big four would for sure become a big 6.
            Assuming there IS relgation/promotion - what would happen when one of the scottish teasm finishes bottom? Where would they get relegated to?
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Scottish clubs get about £12 million to split between them for TV rights if they qualify for the champions league group stage.

English clubs in the EPL last season got £30 million each for TV rights.

Maths says it all really.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                If this is a football related thread, can we taolk about our relegation predictions?

Although we're 2nd bottom, I just dont believe we'll go down.

Newcastle are awful, and the new messiah won't save them. Maybe they need another messiah - Beardsley, Wadddle, Gazza to drag them out of the Championship.

I fear that Newcastle could go the same way as Leeds. All the "big" names will get sold flogged off cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  We're just waiting for the right moment to begin another "Great Escape"

(Anytime now would be good).
                  How do you rate Chris Brunt? There's talk he's coming to Rangers if you go down.
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                    Assuming there IS relgation/promotion - what would happen when one of the scottish teasm finishes bottom? Where would they get relegated to?
                    I'd love to see Rangers get a drubbing at Ashton Gate... that would be a long journey home.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                      Scottish clubs get about £12 million to split between them for TV rights if they qualify for the champions league group stage.

English clubs in the EPL last season got £30 million each for TV rights.

Maths says it all really.
                      So you want even more subsidies from the South. And you wont even wear any novelty clobber.

sheesh

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X