• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football related thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, Rangers are about to go bankrupt in the next few years, why would I deprive myself of this by allowing them a new revenue stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
      Assuming there IS relgation/promotion - what would happen when one of the scottish teasm finishes bottom? Where would they get relegated to?
      NFI.

But I don't see that happening somehow - right now I'd say comfortably mid table in the premiership. Nowehere near the bottom of a split 18 leage setup (i.e. most of the championship are better than us!!!)
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        How do you rate Chris Brunt? There's talk he's coming to Rangers if you go down.
        I rate him - tireless worker and takes a mighty free kick. We'll be sorry to see him go but I fear his departure (and others) is inevitable.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          NFI.

But I don't see that happening somehow - right now I'd say comfortably mid table in the premiership. Nowehere near the bottom of a split 18 leage setup (i.e. most of the championship are better than us!!!)
          I agree with you we'd both be mid table for a couple of years. Maybe even one team going up from League 2 to League 1 first. Both clubs have a significant fanbase not to attract foreign investment as soon as they're in something like this. Just look at all the Yanks that claim Scottish heritage.

Hell Davie Moyes would even go to Celtic. There'd be no point him staying at the smaller club he's at now.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            NFI.

Agreed. But we would need to know what would happen in the eventuallity that it does happen.

So, where would rangers/celtic go? Down into the lower leagues of the english game?
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              Newcastle are awful, and the new messiah won't save them. Maybe they need another messiah - Beardsley, Wadddle, Gazza to drag them out of the Championship.

I fear that Newcastle could go the same way as Leeds. All the "big" names will get sold flogged off cheap.
              We're not awful like - that's a bit over the top. We've got enough talent and raw grit there to get points out of our upcoming home games - and I think we will.

I think we'll beat Portsmouth, we'll beat Hull and we'll hopefully beat Borough at home too.

It's got nothing to do with any "messiah" (not sure why you're sounding so hateful there like - are you a mackem or something??) - it's about the optamistic attitude of the city. We've always got belief.

And comparing us to Leeds is just lazy.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                Agreed. But we would need to know what would happen in the eventuallity that it does happen.

So, where would rangers/celtic go? Down into the lower leagues of the english game?
                I guess maybe they would. There'd need to be agreement from the SFA, the FA and UEFA first.
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  We're not awful like - that's a bit over the top. We've got enough talent and raw grit there to get points out of our upcoming home games - and I think we will.

I think we'll beat Portsmouth, we'll beat Hull and we'll hopefully beat Borough at home too.

It's got nothing to do with any "messiah" (not sure why you're sounding so hateful there like - are you a mackem or something??) - it's about the optamistic attitude of the city. We've always got belief.

SA, I've no axe to grind against NU or you , they can't defend, struggle to score and their midfield is weak.
                  Pompey will be a tough game - I can see a draw.
                  Hull are in free fall, but I can see a point again.
                  Boro - tough one that, could go either way.

NU have over paid for stars, and if they drop down a division they won't able to hold onto them. Everyone knows Owen will be off.

One thing that you do have is an optimistic attitude.

My comments on the Messiah was a bit tongue in cheek. So far we've had the return of King Kev (twice), now Super Shearer. Who next

I'm no makem, my club is Liverpool.

Comment

I tell you what, if NU do go down I bet you Mike Ashley's on the next plane out of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Good Luck SA, Newcastle have only won 6 games so far this season, so to ask them to win 3 is pushing it a bit. I think a season or 2 in the Championship will do Newcastle a world of good. get rid of all the prancing prima donna's and overpaid lightweights, and get in some talet that actually want to play.
                      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Working...
                      X