• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your skillset:

Access, SQl, ASP, project management - not prince2 accreddited though - OCA, VB/VBA etc
    Shouldn't that read: ASP.Net, VB.Net

If not, you should be spending your spare time learning.

PRC in Milan mode.

Comment

Cv

If you would like to send me your CV I will look at it and suggest improvements. Your problem (as the others have said) is likely to be with your CV.
      It will not go into my own agency database.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        If you would like to send me your CV I will look at it and suggest improvements. Your problem (as the others have said) is likely to be with your CV.
        It will not go into my own agency database.
        Dodgy, as I'm having the same problem as "jobless", I've sent my CV to your ***[email protected] email address, in case you get a chance to skim through it and suggest things I could ditch.

(I haven't quoted your full email address, er, 'cos your profile says you don't want to receive email.)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Cv

Owl Hoot,

I have sent you an email, can you re-send your CV as an attachment to my office email and I will give it the "once over"

Best regards

DA
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You describe the process very well; except that it's good if it does come up with a contract or two as well as all the grief.

The geographical flexibility is important, ask any contractor from north of Watford if he or she has managed to stay there.

And pay attention to the commodity nature of the demad for a contractor. The client doesn't take on the whole you, just a particular person for a particular job. Which person are you, for which job? Are you a Project Manager? Then what's the rest got to do with it? Or are you a VB SQL Access coder? How much do you think that pays? (not being rude, just drawing attention to the market characteristics).

And listen to DodgyAgent, he's sometimes obviously got out of bed on the wrong side but he often knows what he's talking about (what's he doing here?).

Comment

Lot of good advice about flexibility there.

Spread your net wider, and go for permie jobs as well. In any case if you apply permie now it'll take a few weeks before you get anything and if you can't find a contract by then, then you might as well take the permie job. You can always go contracting later. Once you've been out for a few months you can't be fussy.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
              X