• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hate mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draft an official type of letter from the local plod. Explain to residents that a prankster has been sending hate mail in the area of differing degrees of severity, and it is believed to be the work of a minor.

Could parents please confront their children and have a chat, otherwise the police will have to get involved which is a stage further than they would like to be involved with at this stage. If the hate mail stop’s, no further questions will be asked.
    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Out mailbox is at the end of our drive. It's a hand written note, badly spelled, with bad grammar. It's in German, but the gist is - Those who are last are arse-holes and tulipheads

1. Kid who posted it is clearly not very bright

2. Probably acting on own initiative.

I would obtain a sample of said kids handwriting - shouldn't be too hard.

Then take the note and sample to the school/police to prove who it is.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Take it to the teacher!

Seeing as they've been daft enough to give you a nice sample of their handwriting, and this might be the beginnings of someone becoming a bully unless nipped in the bud, I'd suggest going to the teacher with it. IMHO

Good luck!

ps - failing that, I do of course subscribe to the beat up the little scrote's dad method of positive parenting reinforcement

Comment

Wire the mailbox up to the mains.. This will also help if you have a vendetta with the postie (if you don't, you will soon).

HTH
          Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

My daughter (age 12) got some hate mail this morning. Fortunately, she didn't see it. We're pretty certain we know who did it, as there's only one girl that my daughter's class who lives close to us, and she doesn't like my daughter at all. ( She doesn't like anyone it seems, and she's not liked either - poor kid ).

So, what should our reaction be.

Take it to the class teacher, see if he can identify the handwriting?
            Put it into her mailbox?
            Confront her parents?
            Rooftop sniper?

Any suggestions? The more humorous / over the top, the better.
            Photocopy it a few hundred times and place it on a few lamposts with the message "Kid in search of lost discipline. Call 0906 xxx xxxx". Register the number and direct it to their home number. That should get them going for a while.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Flaming bag of dog-tulip on their doorstep.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

She's slow in the sense that she's not a fast worker. Probably because she's seen how I am when I'm at work...

Some excellent advice. I particularly like the "grandad is a nazi" approach. I find a disproportionate response works very well at stopping things.

Probably we'll have a word with the teacher. He's pretty good at dealing with this type of thing.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  Photocopy it a few hundred times and place it on a few lamposts with the message "Kid in search of lost discipline. Call 0906 xxx xxxx". Register the number and direct it to their home number. That should get them going for a while.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Flaming bag of dog-tulip on their doorstep.
                    .. tea..screen..
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Not as big as me and my 17 year old son.
                      Serious point here

Violence should be the last thing on your mind.

Right, lets go through that list in reverse order. Get round there and kick him in the brazils.

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X