• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up with the bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    It's just someone using a mouse

I had to look twice though !!

Comment

Must admit, makes me smile

You will find something soon.
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Ohhh mannn !!!!! Its a "mouse"

I must confess, instead of Avatar,its my mind which is filthy, coz it suggested me something else....

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
          Ohhh mannn !!!!! Its a "mouse"

I must confess, instead of Avatar,its my mind which is filthy, coz it suggested me something else....
          the real it professional would notice it's a mouse right away! What's on your mind Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            Would you consider doing anything else Stu?

Permie?
            Lesser roles?

I'd grab work in Subway rather than be on the bench for ages, personally. Even if it just gave me a bit of spare pocket money - it's better than just watching your money fritter away surely?
            Absolutely. My mortgage plus insurance plus unavoidable bills like council tax come to £2200 per month, and I'd take Subway or bar work or anything that would just cover that with a bit of spare pocket money.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              Absolutely. My mortgage plus insurance plus unavoidable bills like council tax come to £2200 per month, and I'd take Subway or bar work or anything that would just cover that with a bit of spare pocket money.

This IS a joke right?
              You seriously think Subway or bar work would let you take home £2200 plus pcm?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Most of these jobs pay min wage. 40 hrs at min wage is a take home of £230 per week. So you'll be pocketing around £900 per month.

That's per month, not per day!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

This IS a joke right?
                  WHS. Av. UK wake is £479/wk or 24,908 year (from google)

works out as monthly take home of £1,592.56 after tax.

Makes you wonder!
                  The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

This IS a joke right?
                    You're halfway to the point: that being, why would I bother considering bar work, or indeed low-grade permie, if it wouldn't come near paying for the roof over my head?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      You're halfway to the point: that being, why would I bother considering bar work, or indeed low-grade permie, if it wouldn't come near paying for the roof over my head?
                      Could you change to an interest only mortgage?
                      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Working...
                      X