• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private School Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to a school that selected on pupil ability rather than parent money. It was only later that I found out the relative standing of these two aspects in society.

Comment

I had state school education until the age of 13, which is when I came to England. Here in the UK, I frequented a private boarding school until 18.
      It was a bit of a culture shock at first, but ended up loving it.

Comment

Minor League Private school, 11-18, boarding the whole time. Hated it.

Notable previous inmates included :

Jeffrey Archer, claimed he went a similarly named but more prestigeous school elsewhere.

Keith Floyd.

David Suchet
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Village school til 9 - My Mum took me out as the school had me down as dim and it was only until I had an eye test that they realised I couldn’t actually see the black board!

My folks scrimped to send me to paid private convent school for two years which paid off as I got a scholarship to the senior school.

Nuns are evil and I hated it. I have no fond memories of school and only keep in touch with one other person who went there.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I went to a boarding school and it was excellent.

I was the first boy to successfully navigate through the security and sneak into the girl's house in the middle of the night - with inside help of course

Mixed boarding schools FTW
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Mixed boarding schools FTW
              No such luck, boys only school for me. And we only had ginger nuts and hot buttered crumpets to keep us occupied at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                I was the first boy to successfully navigate through the security and sneak into the girl's house in the middle of the night - with inside help of course

I was lauded for being able to pick the Yale locks between the boys' and girls' dorms - and used to charge £10 a time to let people through! Such was my first foray into contracting.

Comment

I went to a violent inner-city Comprehensive school.

More pupils left in a body-bag than left with a qualification.

Comment

Working...
                  X