• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private School Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    I went, generally a good experience, apart from the time I had to eat the biscuit.
    How soggy?
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

btw - I absolutely loved it. My parents ran a pub in the middle of nowhere so I had sod all to do before I went to boarding school.
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
        How soggy?
        It was 8 handed.
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I went to a Catholic school but I didn't go to church... now I feel guilty.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Yep - private school from 11 to 18 here. First one was a living hell, Lord Of The Flies kind of experience, second one was excellent, outstanding. Boarded from 15 to 18.

Comment

I went to progressive private school - teachers called by the first name, no prefects, no sports days. Enjoyed it, but was glad to get back to reality by going to the local sixth-form college.

A few reasonably well-known people from my time.

This pillock, who was a pillock then. Got done for VAT fraud.

Isla Blair's son.

Always was a bit of a flirt

Hello! photos of Zeta Jones.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                I went to a Catholic school but I didn't go to church... now I feel guilty.
                I went to a Jesuit school, they made the current pope look like a free thinking liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  I take it this is now the thread.

I went but really hated it, an amazing amount of tossers.
                  I went (won a scholarship) but fookin' hated the Edwardian ethos. Teachers walking about in robes, big school, prefects, boat race .... all that old Bollox. I got expelled after a few years and went to the local comp. Didn't learn a thing but was like a breath of fresh air. Made it to a proper Uni too

I enjoyed the rugby though. Kept that up for many years after.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I went to a Jesuit school, they made the current pope look like a free thinking liberal.
                    As did I, mostly. Same one as you I suppose, as there is only one in scotland I think.

Instilled a deep rooted hatred of the scottish middle classes that I still can't quite get into perspective after 25 yrs. Shower of utter c***s.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
                      As did I, mostly. Same one as you I suppose, as there is only one in scotland I think.

Instilled a deep rooted hatred of the scottish middle classes that I still can't quite get into perspective after 25 yrs. Shower of utter c***s.
                      Exactly the same feeling I gained from my incarceration there. I eventually told my parents that I was never going back no matter what they did.

It was a training school to build arseholes to go into a law degree. I now have a greater respect for folk who have made something from nothing rather than the "My daddy has a porsche and I want to be a Lawyer" ***** that the school produces.

Comment

Working...
                      X