• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Saw a ghost the other night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Similar to this?
    Not uncommon
    I suffer from them and I tell you what, it really shi.ts me up every time it happens. I can pin down the cause of it as well, because every time I've had one it's normally been after a right bender and I've had a severe lack of sleep.

Never hallucinate, but once I thought there was a fire in my bedroom and I couldn't get out my bed to get away from it. If you've never had it, it's really hard to explain it starts off like an out of body experience because you really do feel like you are moving, but I suppose that's just your brain still in semi-sleep mode. Realisation slowly sinks in that you can't move and during it I don't know that it's an attack because it's normally over in a minute and I'm panicing for that minute. My missus woke me up once during an attack because she said I was making funny groaning noises, but not moving. I normally snap out of it with a jolt and my hearts racing like I've just done ten rounds and I'm normally soaking with sweat as well. Not nice. Luckily I've not had one for a year or two.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      I suffer from them and I tell you what, it really shi.ts me up every time it happens. I can pin down the cause of it as well, because every time I've had one it's normally been after a right bender and I've had a severe lack of sleep.
      I get these too once in a while.

It's a bit disappointing to discover that I am not a freak after all.

Comment

Was staying in a pub in Scotland once and out of the blue something yanked my duvet and threw ir across the room. There was nobody there except me. Scarey.

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
          Was looking at Canis major though my new telescope (in my garden), when I sensed someone stood next to me. As I took my eye away from the viewfinder I saw a human figure and jumped out of my skin, but thought it's ok, it must be MRS FSM. I then realised it was a man wearing a mid length black coat and jumped out of my skin for a second time. As my brain was deciding if to fight or run away, the figure disappeared.

I don't believe in any supernatural tulip, so tried to calm myself down, and carry on with the star observing. However I had to give up in the end because I was spooked too much.

Personally I think it was just a trick of the shadows, and my mind filling in the gaps, but it was definitely a brown pants moment.

Anyone like to share any other experiences?
          Were you touched by His Noodly Appendage?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Just your mind filling in the blanks, try sitting in the doorway facing a quiet lit room with your back to the dark empty rest of the house, unfamiliar house is best, your mind will soon start indicating a presence....

Comment

Canis Major = Sirus
              Main in Black coat = Sirus Black

I was in harry potter
              You cannot be Sirius.

Canis Major = constellation of the Big Dog

Man in Black coat = he was taking his big dog for a walk

Comment

Was looking at Canis major though my new telescope (in my garden), when I sensed someone stood next to me. As I took my eye away from the viewfinder I saw a human figure and jumped out of my skin, but thought it's ok, it must be MRS FSM. I then realised it was a man wearing a mid length black coat and jumped out of my skin for a second time. As my brain was deciding if to fight or run away, the figure disappeared.

I don't believe in any supernatural tulip, so tried to calm myself down, and carry on with the star observing. However I had to give up in the end because I was spooked too much.

Personally I think it was just a trick of the shadows, and my mind filling in the gaps, but it was definitely a brown pants moment.

Anyone like to share any other experiences?
                Welcome to the rank of delusional.
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

We have had two spooky experiences in our place since we moved in.
                  We moved down to the west country 8 years ago. Our place is a converted barn from the 1700's. We had been here for about a year. One day our little girl was sat in the kitchen; she was in her high chair, laughing her socks off. Mum was preparing food round the other side of the kitchen assuming she was entertaining herself and I was in another room. In the end my wife tuned and asked what was going on. My little girl pointed to the head of our table and said it was the funny lady in the sheet that was making her laugh. The second one came shortly after our son was born he was probably getting on for a year old and one evening having put both of the kids to bed I could here him giggling loudly when I came to see what it was my daughter said there was a man with funny teeth leaning over the cot playing with him...

Normally I would say it was a childs imagination but in both cases niether of the children even knew what a ghost is supposed to be, let alone how to invent one.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    Thats right - but there more to it - I do have a very special interest with this tscope.

Thats enough for now - all will be revealed - soon.
                    Are you a 6 foot alien?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      There's an article on new scientist about déjà vu. Apparently there's a guy who suffers from it permanently, but he won't see a doctor, because he's convinced he already has.

I did once have a rather nasty nightmare... at least I assume it was...

In the dream, I woke up in my room. I could hear the rest of the household getting up. I was aware of an evil presence in the room, so I tried to go to the door, but it was really difficult, my body felt so heavy. I tried calling out, but couldn't speak. I managed to crawl to the door, and as I reached it, I was grabbed by the shoulders and pulled back... I then woke up in my bed, absolutely bl**dy terrified. It about 6am, and the house was completely quiet.

Never had a dream like it before or since. Nor would I want to!
                      That sound's like sleep paralysis, it's horrible, had it 2 nights in a row a few weeks ago, you sense a presence in the room but can't move:

Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember reading it only occurs if you sleep on your back, so I stay on my front now!
                      You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Working...
                      X