• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Burglar Alarms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont use ADT - the system is a rip off!

Get yourself a good unit and only use dual tec sensors and also a auto dialler that offer remote mobile control and alerting

I went through an exhaustive process and you realise just how bad this companies are when it comes to value and cost.

I have a pretty good system set up with a excellent Panel and Key Pad and around 6 dual tec sensors and autodialler - never had a false alarm and I can also remotely control it off my phone - and my cctv system alerts me to anyone on my door step or round the back of the house

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
      nothing beats a well trained dog
      Two well trained dogs?

Or in my case one well trained and one mad one!

Use to be a BA for the Alarm Receiving Centre for ADT, my tip, make sure you have a couple of keyholders contactable. No good you receiving a text saying your alarm is going off if you are 80 miles away or on holiday.

If you did want it monitored you can have keyholder contact only, saves all the nasty false alarms.
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
        Okay, maybe I'm giving too much respect to the average burglar,
        Unless you have some valuable works of art hanging from the walls of your country house, then yes, you are. In fact, the mere presence of an alarm (get a bell box with a little flashing LED to indicate its real- they come solor powered) will be enough to put off most crack inspired robbers.

Why bother with you when they can go next door to the place without an alarm?
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

True, get some of that cool water stuff from the plod too and.. Get a Beware of the dog sign. Burglars want the easy steal.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            True, get some of that cool water stuff from the plod
            Davidoff?

Comment

Freudian slip....= smart water
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
              X