• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a moment of weakness a few years ago and applied for a permie consultancy role. I was asked 'where do I see myself in 5 yrs'. 'Retired in Cyprus' wasn't the answer they were looking for unfortunately.

Comment

One of the best things about being a contractor though is not having to put up with that sort of rubbish. Not having to fill in an annual career development plan form is worth £10 a hour in itself!
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

What is your greatest weakness? Sometimes I just work too hard.
        Bored.

Comment

What about confusing them? My greatest weakness is my greatest strength, grasshopper.

Comment

"And what can you bring to the Position/Company that will benefit us ?"

Me - that is why I am applying for it.
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              What is your greatest weakness? Sometimes I just work with a hardon.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                What is your greatest weakness? ....
                "I have an unpleasant tendency to throw annoying idiots who ask stupid questions through the nearest window"

Wadya reckon...would that be inappropriate?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by bullseye View Post
                  Anyways, one of the question that was asked was ' What are you passionate about, what makes you get up and come to work'.

To be honest my answer would have been plain and simple - 'Money'.
                  If that's true then I feel sorry for you, spending years and years of your life doing something you don't enjoy just for a paycheck.

Money is the reason I work for someone else, rather than develop my own software, but I wouldn't be working in software development in the first place if I didn't find it interesting, challenging and rewarding.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    If that's true then I feel sorry for you, spending years and years of your life doing something you don't enjoy just for a paycheck.

Money is the reason I work for someone else, rather than develop my own software, but I wouldn't be working in software development in the first place if I didn't find it interesting, challenging and rewarding.
                    TBH what you are saying is right.

I have been trained to do what I do and I enjoy what I do. However I would not do it for free though and the answer I gave was something along the lines of what you mentioned.

Irrespective of whether I enjoy or not I would definitely not work for free and that is what I meant when I said 'Money'.

Comment

Working...
                    X