• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google streetview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, my blinds are down.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Well funny this is mentioned.

I as just looking at it today and sure enough I can see myself sat in the lounge working away.

Does no bother me really but I've no idea who it benefits.

Flight boarding!
      an
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

All well and good but its fairly pointless.
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
          All well and good but its fairly pointless.
          If you see a property for sale and don't know the area it would be pretty handy, if you want to break into a house and don't know the area it would be pretty handy.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            If you see a property for sale and don't know the area it would be pretty handy, if you want to break into a house and don't know the area it would be pretty handy.
            There are leaves on the trees in the pictures from the area that I used to live in, which suggests to me that the pictures were taken no later than September 2008.

The flat that I used to live in is still empty though. After three months of not being rented out it is now up for sale. Sorry, that's for a different thread.

Comment

I can't understand people getting upset with google about privacy issues when the government has done far worse.

Once again, the real issues are ignored by our media.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Don't know much about Google, is it on Google Earth and do you have to update it to see street level?
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Mrs PL has left the front door open and my car needs a clean.

Comment

I looked out my window the other day and saw a car with a huge metal frame on the roof with cameras on, it just wizzed round the car park and drove off.

Is this for street view do you think?
                    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                      Now I'm not one to subscribe to the whole "we're constantly under the threat of terrorism" type sh it that government and media peddle, but surely this makes it a whole lot easier to perform reconnaisance, even if it is purfunctory "rule it out" type.... which would ergo speed up the TTL of any would be terrorist act no?
                      True, and the wheel means those same terrorists can get to and from the target a lot quicker, improving the chance of mission success, so maybe that bit of new technology should be rolled back too?
                      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Working...
                      X