• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oxymoron?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I doubt that - I suspect that so many people are going bust in these times that the banks will get the blame and bankrupts will be seen as the victims.
    Unfortunately I feel you may be right.
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

You're obviously not divorced. Remind me to make snide comments back when you are

Never get married and you'll never get divorced. There's nothing wrong though with marrying when you're young as your wealth is produced by your partnership, so it is only fair to split 50/50. What I would resent is marrying at 50 and losing half of my hard-earned wealth within a few years to a moneygrabber who has contributed very little. The law at the moment unfortunately deters marriage in later life.

Comment

Hey! Was I whining? No.
        It sounded like it from here. Maybe it's high pitched moan on the wire?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Oh, I see. You're wife maxed out your cards, then left you.
          That happened, yes.

Comment

They have their share of blame, but no-one held a gun to the head of those who took out loans.
            I agree, but consider a period of time where house prices rise for ever and where "it's different this time". It wasn't only the plebs and Nu Labour thinking that. Search this very board. Herd mentality is a hard to work against. Even on here.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              Never get married and you'll never get divorced. There's nothing wrong though with marrying when you're young as your wealth is produced by your partnership, so it is only fair to split 50/50. What I would resent is marrying at 50 and losing half of my hard-earned wealth within a few years to a moneygrabber who has contributed very little. The law at the moment unfortunately deters marriage in later life.
              I suspect your pittance will remain safe

Comment

but no-one held a gun to the head of those who took out loans.
                Did anyone say they did?

Comment

That happened, yes.
                  OK. Fair enough. You're not a heavy borrower, but you divorced someone who was. You really should make things clear.

Comment

Maybe it's high pitched moan on the wire?
                    Fine here. It must be at your end.

Comment

Did anyone say they did?
                      That was in response to you saying "The banks have no-one to blame but themselves". I then point out that no-one forced anyone to take out a loan, and so demonstrating that the responsibility could be considered to be shared.

Fine here. It must be at your end.
                      Aww.. Has de nasty nat upset diddums?

Comment

Working...
                      X