• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On shoring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    A bit of tolerance is in order here. I've had to put up with smelly garlic breath from all cultures, including my own compatriots sitting nearby. I've also had people complain about eating fish and chips in the office because of the smell. If it really is a problem then you should try to get the rules with regard to eating in the office changed, rather than turning it into a racial issue.
    You calling me a racist ya swine

Worked with a chinese guy who once brought in last night's fish from the chipper and microwaved it, the whole office smelt like a kipper's fanny for the rest of the week.

Comment

[QUOTE=suityou01;800042]
      Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post

You crossed the line with me there matey. I am NOT a racist, and will not tolerate being accused of such. Please desist.
      IANAL but given the seriousness and indeed criminality of actually being racist, I wouldn't be surprised if an unsubstantiated accusation of racism would be easily actionable, with court orders to CUK to reveal identity and all ........

Comment

What a shame this thread has deteriorated - I was interested to hear about people's experiences with on-shoring.

All the racist name calling tulipe we've seen before.

Comment

A bit of tolerance is in order here. I've had to put up with smelly garlic breath from all cultures, including my own compatriots sitting nearby. I've also had people complain about eating fish and chips in the office because of the smell. If it really is a problem then you should try to get the rules with regard to eating in the office changed, rather than turning it into a racial issue.
          you are missing the point entirely.
          It's ok for english guys to cook curry in the microwave but not for cheap foreign imports who are taking our jobs, sh@gging our women and not paying taxes. This is not about curry smells it's about the basic fabric of our culture, the right to call foreigners names.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

[QUOTE=expat;800065]
            Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            IANAL but given the seriousness and indeed criminality of actually being racist, I wouldn't be surprised if an unsubstantiated accusation of racism would be easily actionable, with court orders to CUK to reveal identity and all ........
            It's slander - and accusing someone of committing a criminal offence is actionable per se. Unfortunately it's not a criminal offence so must be funded privately.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              You calling me a racist ya swine

Worked with a chinese guy who once brought in last night's fish from the chipper and microwaved it, the whole office smelt like a kipper's fanny for the rest of the week.

We use to word racist a bit too easily. Everybody has a little bit of subconcious racism in them because it is simply natural to side with your own compatriots on many issues due to cultural bias IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                What a shame this thread has deteriorated - I was interested to hear about people's experiences with on-shoring.

All the racist name calling tulipe we've seen before.
                you look French to me

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  you look French to me

smell

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    you are missing the point entirely.
                    It's ok for english guys to cook curry in the microwave but not for cheap foreign imports who are taking our jobs, sh@gging our women and not paying taxes. This is not about curry smells it's about the basic fabric of our culture, the right to call foreigners names.

Were you on that BNP member list that was publicised on the internet ?

Comment

Were you on that BNP member list that was publicised on the internet ?
                      I support expensive foreign imports, who refuse to sh@g our women, eat at home and pay lots of tax

and dont look like David Essex

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X