• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pope: Condoms cause AIDS!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlightyBoy View Post
    this is generally what happens when the French Navy ram-raid a British Submarine, not when one enjoys a pot noodle
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      The catholic church would get further if it promoted sex within committed relationships : preferably marriage.
      Sorry Brillo but that is utter tulipe. That is exactly was the Pope was trying to promote and has been for some time,

He said the "traditional teaching of the Church" on chastity outside marriage and fidelity within it had proved to be "the only sure way of preventing the spread of HIV and Aids".
      All the Catholics I know use contraception - isn't that against catholic teachings? Nobody follows this dogma.

Likewise people will continue have sex (against his teachings) - usually for men as much as they can get (it's biological programming innit?).

The only viable protection from AIDS is a condom, not marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
        High time we took Aids far more seriously. For example it is a fact that you can get Aids just from sitting on a toilet seat.
        ....if someone else is sat on it at the time that is
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/h...-200903181648/

Dr Emma Bradford, of Reading University, said: "I guess you would have to rip out a few pages of Leviticus and then somehow fashion them into a condom-like device using lots and lots of masking tape.

"Or you could shred the pages, soak them in water and construct something that looks a bit like a paper maché cigar tube."

Dr Bradford added: "It has to be one of those two because suggesting that the African Aids epidemic can be contained simply by reading the bible would be criminally insane."
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Meanwhile the Vatican has issued this year's list of approved non-penetrative carnal techniques including pearl necklaces, light genital branding and something called 'Dutch steamboating'.
            Is that similar to a Cleveland Steamboat?
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Is that similar to a Cleveland Steamboat?
              I have no idea...but I daren't google it at work? Anyone care to share a quick praisie?
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ah well, at least we can thank the Pope for helping to reduce the world population by helping to cause widespread AIDS throughout the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  I have no idea...but I daren't google it at work? Anyone care to share a quick praisie?
                  precis

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    condoms make it worse!
                    Catholic priests. Choir boys. Condoms split. Nuff sed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrollyBonce View Post
                      Catholic priests. Choir boys. Condoms split. Nuff sed.
                      Now for balance please say something really offensive about all other religions - alternatively f**k off back under your stone
                      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X