• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eastern European women in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... all I know that up to now I haven't seen any EE/WE marriage /relationship that has lasted!!
    I know one. A friend of mine. He's russian. She's english. He had a greencard to the States and was in UK before moving to US. He felt in love, gave up the greencard and came back to the UK illegally. They have been married for 15 years now.

Speaking of lasting marriages, how about yours? Were you married to an EE man?

Speaking more broadly it's hard to see a lasting marriage nowadays as the rate of divorce is something like 60% in UK/US (wasn't it?).

And by the way, most of us, prefer to think by experience and feelings rather than common misperceptions.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by voron
      Freaky, I was about to say exactly the same thing. Our wives' stories are virtually identical...economics degree, part qualified accountant, working in finance...

You're not scratching your left gonad are you???
      It's my right one actually. But I am looking in a mirror... spooky.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Aaarghh

Sandy why are you so predjudiced against EE girls?

As you say after your rant, if the woman is serious about kids/family etc, as a matter of fact yes, its very serious. More so in fact thank it ever was with my WE ex.

Any EE woman of any specific level of education or status in society will have exactly the same expectations of her chosen partner, cultural differences taken into account.

The picture of some glamour model with a fat, beer stained boring slob is really once again a stereotype.
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Let's do a quick pole, how many people here have EE wives or long term partners ?

Me, Voron, Hyper...

Milan.

Comment

My SysAdmin is a 7 foot tall Georgian. Does that count?
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
              Let's do a quick pole, how many people here have EE wives or long term partners ?

Me, Voron, Hyper...

Milan.
              I'm sure John Galt has a Russian wife. Franco has a Lithuanian gf.

Comment

No but I'll have one if there are any going spare. On 2nd thoughts I might be better off with one from Tonga.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

EE Wives.Girlfriends

Me too, who is the guy who goes to Kaliningrad all the time as well?
                  There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

I believe Roger Rabbit (MIA) had a Russian one as well.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Strangely, AtW is always silent whenever there's a spot of Eastern Europe bashing.

Comment

Working...
                      X