• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eastern European women in London"

Collapse

• voron
    replied
    Exception to the rule

I worked with a Bulgarian woman in London once (actually I've worked with a few). God, she was a freaky woman. She wore tight jeans and enough make-up to keep Avon in business for a decade. As for her personality...she made Michael Jackson appear normal.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied

Worked with a lady from Serbia once. Gorgeous, and had a devastating effect on the virtually all male team... I actually had to email my team leader that she had a boyfriend (big Serbian chap who worked in next office) as I could see he was about to make a pass at her - close call indeed...

She was smart, hardworking, but really played the 'im a female - do you like my tight top?' angle...

And she got paid more than me.... cant think why

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Not a single piccie of a scantily or un clad Eastern Maiden to prove just how good looking they are or what lucky barstewards some of you are.

This thread is wholey disappointing and does not live up to the promise of its title!!
    There you go LG, meet Anna

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Not a single piccie of a scantily or un clad Eastern Maiden to prove just how good looking they are or what lucky barstewards some of you are.

This thread is wholey disappointing and does not live up to the promise of its title!!

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    That's pretty cool, Franco. But Lenin couldn't speak Russian properly. He was the Jonathan Ross of Russian revolutionaries

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by voron
    I might have been wrong about Al Pacino, although it would certainly explain your charm with the ladies. But, on second thoughts, perhaps you look like Andrea Pirlo.
    Niet. I look more like this.

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Franco, of course you sound more Russian than your gf! She's Lithuanian! I haven't been in there for a couple of years, but there is a Benji in Victoria that used to be staffed almost entirely by Lithuanians. One of them was fairly cute

I might have been wrong about Al Pacino, although it would certainly explain your charm with the ladies. But, on second thoughts, perhaps you look like Andrea Pirlo.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    If he's Scillian, then there's a few people on this forum who are in big trouble.

But you'd know about about that, hey, Al
    Who you talking to? I am russian. Neither my gf and my other russian friend believe that, but my russian sounds more russian than theirs. And so is my "ie". Ieltsin... niet...priviet... Raituski? Niet spikuski ruski? Da.

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    I have the feeling that AtW is italian. Perhaps AtW means Andrea Torquato Walter (his surname must be "Rossi" or "Verdi"). That would be a good explanation of the moustache event.
    If he's Scillian, then there's a few people on this forum who are in big trouble.

But you'd know about about that, hey, Al

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Strangely, AtW is always silent whenever there's a spot of Eastern Europe bashing.
    I have the feeling that AtW is italian. Perhaps AtW means Andrea Torquato Walter (his surname must be "Rossi" or "Verdi"). That would be a good explanation of the moustache event.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    I know it's the best I could come up with under the circumstances - doing a bit of work today

how's the yachting, I'm starting to dream about investing in a speed boat if this .Net work keeps blessing me the way it has these last few years

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• planetit
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    hey hey,

PlanetIT's still with us,

I thought you'd been put out to grass old chap as a
    casualty of the down turn

Milan.
    Not me mate. Just been away for a week (oddly enough to that jolly old London village). President Putin waved at me on his way home from tea with Prince Charles. Perhaps he mistook me for a Ruski. There’s certainly lots of them about.

What down turn? Got home to find yet another 3 month renewal. Had 4 years of the damn things so far!

Anyway, who you calling old?

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan
    We are all actually businessed focussed, well dressed, boardroom savvy IT professionals, superb comminicators able to elevate technical issues to board room level.
    Except me. The three thumbs and webbed toes don't help.

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Erm

Originally posted by planetit
    Indeed, is the panel aware of any official statistics on the prevalence of eastern European wives amongst geeky socially inept IT types who can’t get a proper girlfriend?

I’ll get my coat.
    Where have you been?

We are all actually businessed focussed, well dressed, boardroom savvy IT professionals, superb comminicators able to elevate technical issues to board room level.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Shall we talk about SKA now?
    No leave that for the second date, where you can also discuss humourous select statements you once saw.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X