• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday top 5 annoyances

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joggers who insist in jogging in the dark, down country roads with no pavements and wearing black
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

1) People who say "Eh?" every time you say anything to them. Every single goddam time. I mean seriously, pay attention.

2) Tapping fingers for no reason

3) Whistling

4) Guys (why is it only guys?) who do the shaky leg thing

5) People turning up 20 mins late for meetings because they need you to know how frickkin important they are.

"Keep them at 24,000"
      "No, feet"

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        Joggers who insist in jogging in the dark, down country roads with no pavements and wearing black
        I've never noticed any. The road does seem a little bumpier at night though.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TCL View Post
          4) Guys (why is it only guys?) who do the shaky leg thing
          good point. and blokes, on the tube that sit with their legs apart, blatently taking up space from the seats next to them and don't ever close them.

Oh, and the wife crashing the new car a week after getting it. did I mention that already?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            Searching a dark room for black cats who aren't there can be frustrating too.

Also Windows:

each time you plug in a USB storage device, immediately starts rummaging through it looking for something to automatically run, an insane open invitation to run a virus installer that may be on the device. And it forgets the "remember this decision" when you click "Do nothing"

file selection box in most programs is the size of a postage stamp (although I suppose the dimensions are up to the programs to choose).

file explorer has an absurdly narrow column for file names, which end up being clipped, and then has huge wide columns for date modified etc.

device manager "forgets" installed devices such as scanners, and you have to reinstall them

Windows "plays for time" after a boot, displaying desktop and pretending to be ready but in fact still beavering away and won't let you run any programs
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

MS Word’s running spell check which switches from Dutch to English to Spanish to bloody Kirgizian completely at random while I’m typing.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                People who stop at the top of an escalator to figure out which way they should head, or just to chat, thereby blocking everyone else from getting on.
                Again... I just bump into them (by accident there for making their mind up for them) followed by a ooppps sorry, you ok??, then a little grin to myself...
                l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
                  Again... I just bump into them (by accident there for making their mind up for them) followed by a ooppps sorry, you ok??, then a little grin to myself...
                  By the same token, people who stand around yapping at the entrance to a shop, railway station or anywhere else where lots of people want to go in. Shut up and move.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                    People who cut their toe nails at work
                    I think they are a little better than this one I met at Friends, Ivory and Sime way back in 2000, who pokes his finger in his nose, takes a look at the goo he found in there and then licks his finger and swallows that goo!!

I am NOT lying - 100% truth!

Comment

The guy on the packed First Capital Connect train the other night who opened up and then ate, a very smelly plastic carton of pasta.

After getting used to the smell, he then gulped down a carton of apple juice and silently belched an even worse whiff out.

Thanks man.

And I still hate flour on top of baps.

Rhubarb.

Comment

Working...
                      X