• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday top 5 annoyances

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    People who stop at the top of an escalator to figure out which way they should head, or just to chat, thereby blocking everyone else from getting on.
    Yes, that's one case of a particular piece of arse-holism: the Parisians are especially good at that, when they first grab a metro turnstile, and stand in it while they look for their ticket. It means nobody else can get through: but it's good for them because when they do find their ticket, the turnstile is already available.

I.e. my minor convenience outweighs everyboy else's inconvenience.

Comment

I've got a good one:

The missus crashing the car 1 week after you bought it
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

sh.1tty threads that have nothing to with the forum they are posted in.

Comment

Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
          Then you've clearly not been around here very long.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            No, think i've been around here too long.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              Yes, that's one case of a particular piece of arse-holism: the Parisians are especially good at that, when they first grab a metro turnstile, and stand in it while they look for their ticket. It means nobody else can get through: but it's good for them because when they do find their ticket, the turnstile is already available.

I.e. my minor convenience outweighs everyboy else's inconvenience.
              Is it true that foreign types don't queue like civilised British people? I noted this the other day, by an ice-cream van, where there was a long orderly queue of people waiting to be served. Seemed a sensible solution to the hard problem of being served I thought and was wondering how it would work otherwise in other countries. Surely even semi-civilised people such as antipodeans and perhaps even the more civilised parts of Northern Europe have a primitive form of mob order too? Or it is it standard procedure to behave like a hungry unordered mass abroad?

Comment

You really should've called yourself El_Duderama if you wanted to be taken seriously.

FYI.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  This is a loco forum for loco people. We'll have no contracting here!
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    You really should've called yourself El_Duderama if you wanted to be taken seriously.

FYI.

You really should be a biggot if you wanted to be taken seriously.

Comment

You really should be a biggot if you wanted to be taken seriously.

Ooooooh - someone got out the wrong side of the bed today!!!!

Come on, give is a hug man

Tell aunty Sal all your troubles...
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X