• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

washing machine - repair or replace?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy. If Miele then fix if not and cost to fix is > £50 then buy a Miele.
    Do a DIY check first though. It might be just a blocked pipe or something. Look in your instruction book or one on the web.
    Last edited by s2budd; 24 February 2009, 15:55.

Comment

Our Zannussi died recently ( after 8 years) and I plumped for a LG - I can wash a king size duvet in it so I'm happy. Also it has coloured flashing lights and plays a tune when its finished - Mr P thinks Its great and the kittens like to watch the washing going round in it
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        Our Zannussi died recently ( after 8 years) and I plumped for a LG - I can wash a king size duvet in it so I'm happy. Also it has coloured flashing lights and plays a tune when its finished - Mr P thinks Its great and the kittens like to watch the washing going round in it
        Sounds like ours - what is good about it is it has a pipe which allows you to drain it without flooding everywhere.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Buy as expensive a Miele as you can to get the build quality. Shop around on the web, we got a machine that was ~£1000 in Currys/Comet etc.. For £750 delivered on the t'interweb and it is built like the Bismarck!
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            and the kittens like to watch the washing going round in it

Our middle one (3 y/o) loves to stick her head in the drum and shout "Hello can you hear me, I am on the moon!" and other random tulip

"Keep them at 24,000"
            "No, feet"

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Buy as expensive a Miele as you can to get the build quality. Shop around on the web, we got a machine that was ~£1000 in Currys/Comet etc.. For £750 delivered on the t'interweb and it is built like the Bismarck!
              Not keen on that then - full of holes, rusting at the bottom of the sea and full of dead Germans. I'll stick with my LG one.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The most expensive washing machine in the world is the one that breaks down with no service cover the day before an interview for a big money contract when you need to wash your shirts. Thus, the sartorially educated contractor must purchase a Miele.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Or keep an emergency shirt

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
                    Easy. If Miele then fix if not and cost to fix is > £50 then buy a Miele..
                    I doubt you'll get a repairman to come to your house and open the door of a washing machine for much less than 100.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      The most expensive washing machine in the world is the one that breaks down with no service cover the day before an interview for a big money contract when you need to wash your shirts. Thus, the sartorially educated contractor must purchase a Miele.
                      Surely it's much easier to make sure that you have enough shirts so that there's always a clean one available

tim

Comment

Working...
                      X