• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you marry Jade Goody?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    If the coverage ensures more young women have smear tests and raises awareness of cervical cancer, then the news coverage is a very good thing.

I'm not a fan of her at all, but I do feel very sorry for her, as I would do for anyone dying of cancer.

I also think she's doing exactly the right thing by milking the very celebrity culture she wanted to part of for every penny she can to ensure the financial security of her kids. I'm surprised anyone could criticise her for her actions at the moment. How would any of us behave if we'd been told that we only had months to live?
    But you do only have months to live. You just dont know how many, or what horrible thing will cause you to die in the end.
    Live every day as if it's your last chuggy, you dont need Max Clifford to tell you that your time on this planet is short

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      I don't have a problem with her doing - what she is doing as it is 100% understandable. What I can't understand is why people are interested in enough numbers to allow her to generate this cash. It was the lead story on the news last night FFS. OK she is dying of cancer but I don't want a running commentary of the rest of her life.
      There's an awful lot of people who watch Big Brother, who read Hello or Heat magazine or whatever, who have precious little else of interest except what the latest A-list to Z-list celebs are doing. Absolutely shocking waste of a brain of course, but there's a lot of jobs supporting this rubbish.

It's daft that made the lead story on the news, but I would have expected it to be one of the headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        But you do only have months to live. You just dont know how many, or what horrible thing will cause you to die in the end.
        Live every day as if it's your last chuggy, you dont need Max Clifford to tell you that your time on this planet is short

Whilst good advice EO, I've not met many people who do. Myself included. Otherwise, I'd buy that Ducatti and go out with a bang not a whimper.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          I would rather use my gonads for testing experimental industrial cheese graters than even contemplate having anything to do with that media attention seeking slapper.

She's appreciably less physically, emotionally and mentally attractive than a 400 vehicle high speed pile up on a motorway and less interesting than cardboard.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I may want him to advise me how I could maximise my income for that period however. If I was in the same situation - I would sell my story and hopefully make loads of money for my liitle ones future, but who would want to know about me?

Blame some of the people who will rush out to buy OK magazine - if no one was interested then no one would have asked her to sell her story.

Also, this has increased the number of women going for smear tests and she has done a lot of work for cancer charities - so some good has come out of it.

PS - I an not a Jade Goody Fan at all.
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Given the chance....

No.

I was at one point, rather worryingly, attracted to her, in a 'yeh, I suppose I would' kind of way.

She has a sh*t load of money, but when she opens her mouth the accent, voice and the sh*t she comes out with, rid me of any remaining odd thought that I ever had.

Max Clifford is carefully crafting what appears to be a young lady's last few weeks of life - which is unsettling for me as well.

Comment

Can't believe this was the number 1 headline on ITV news last night. It's sad, but hardly the most pressing issue in the world right now.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

This is all about Max Clifford wringing the last ounce of cash out of one of his dying cash cows. The man makes me want to be physically sick.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post

Also, this has increased the number of women going for smear tests and she has done a lot of work for cancer charities - so some good has come out of it.
                    Very true...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I want to make a joke about how marrying her would be big-o-me.

IMO, Jade Goody is famous for being an idiot. That people care enough about her for her to get £1000s for dying in public amazes me (or is it disgust? not sure).

That said, if I'd cocked up my career by being racist on national telly, I'd do everything I could to ensure my kids were looked after in the event of my dying.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X