• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wazzocks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    72 virgins - could be 72 male IT workers
    Oh that's harsh !

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Oh that's harsh !
      Not only harsh but an untrue stereotype.

Had several great shags with nubile girls (and some older ladies) in the punch room when I started out on the big yellow brick road to the wonderful kingdom of Oz that is British IT.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Just out of interest, how do you think the alleged Almighty would view membership of an extreme right wing organisation?

Better or worse than atheism?

Would He prefer, assuming for a moment that ‘He’ exists, to allow entry to the kingdom of heaven, a friendly, charitable, fair minded atheist or a xenophobic, jingoistic and rather judgmental but devout Christian?

I think this is, to some extent, the point of the debate.
        I think he'd not allow entry to a xenophobic, jingoistic and rather judgemental but devout Christian, on the grounds that it's not only what you does, but it's also what you think. ( "If a man hates his brother, he's committed murder", to paraphrase Jesus ).

Whereas, your friendly, charitable, fair minded atheist, who's been denying the existence of God all his life, will find that in a friendly, charitable, fair minded way, he won't be spending eternity with the God that he's denied.

Or to put it another way - you go to "heaven" because you choose to. but if you do choose to, you'd better be prepared to change some of your attitudes. God says "one of us has to change, and it isn't going to be me".

But that's only for the general european evangelical flavour of Christianity (though not to be confused with fundementalism, or evangelical americans). For catholics, you have to have done certain ceremonies, and for what's called liberal Christianity, it is actually all about being good and doing good works, and hell doesn't exist anyway, and they're not that sure about heaven, unless it's something constructed here on earth, as it's all a myth anyway, and how can anyone be certain about anything...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well, they did it. The Synod has banned their clergy from joining the BNP. Not from being racist, they just cant join this organisation. God will be having a pint tonight, this will make his fkng epoch this will.

Meanwhile , on earth, the racial equality spokesman for the BNP, Yubango Smally issued a statement 'The synod will be first up against the wall, and God agrees'

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
            I would definitely cross that bridge if it had 72 virgins on the other side
            WAVE ROD

A BRIDGE APPEARS

Comment

Working...
            X