• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone signed on the dole while benched?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASB View Post
    It would be, but you're chance of getting it accepted by HMIT is pretty close to nil - though you should be able to get away with statutory redundancy.

.. and it would look somewhat strange if you later employed yourself under the same company. Maybe if you completely shut the company you may get away with it though.

Comment

Advantage Umbrella

This is where working for an umbrella company in a downturn has an advantage. Just ask for your P45 and sign on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        .. and it would look somewhat strange if you later employed yourself under the same company.
        I thought there was actually a responsibility to offer someone their old job back if you make them redundant, and an upturn means that the role becomes available again.

Comment

Originally posted by FunctionCall View Post
          I thought there was actually a responsibility to offer someone their old job back if you make them redundant, and an upturn means that the role becomes available again.

... but if you are doing it to yourself it could be interpreted as a scam IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by FunctionCall View Post

If you were an MP perhaps you could say that this was within the rules.

Comment

Working...
            X