• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

valentines day..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. Hopefully.
    WHS.
    Arthur meets Trillian at a party in Guildford, although she is then whisked away by Zaphod, but they meet again on Zaphod's ship.

And in next week's episode.....
    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      And in next week's episode.....
      Don't forget your towel.
      Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        We have managed to farm the kids out to relatives for the weekend so that we can go away - but I can't decide where to go. As she doesn't finish work until 4 on Friday it limits our options - I was thinking of a city break in Europe but because it would put us on the evening commuter flights, everything is stupidly expensive. So we're left with the UK!
        France or Belgium on the Eurostar? You might get a cheap deal on first class.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          France or Belgium on the Eurostar? You might get a cheap deal on first class.
          goto Bruges, its nice in Bruges.. almost like a fairy tale.. everyone likes Bruges
          Last edited by chef; 9 February 2009, 15:45.
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
            Probabaly a quiet night on my own on the sofa watching the original series of HHGTTG and wondering why I only seem to meet interesting women at parties in Guildford.
            Don’t do it!

I did about 6 years ago after spotting a set on VHS in a shop window, it just wasn't as good as I remember.

But I guess as along as you're prepared for that you'll enjoy it.

As a fan I quite liked what they did with the film but I knew it was never going to live up to the books, most people I know that saw it but hadn’t read the books just didn't get it at all, which pleased me a little.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              We have managed to farm the kids out to relatives for the weekend so that we can go away - but I can't decide where to go. As she doesn't finish work until 4 on Friday it limits our options - I was thinking of a city break in Europe but because it would put us on the evening commuter flights, everything is stupidly expensive. So we're left with the UK!
              Marrakech?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                ... Belgium ...
                Shouldn't that be filtered in case any aliens are reading this?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  goto Bruges, its nice in Bruges.. almost like a fairy tale.. everyone likes Bruges
                  Sold!
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    To paraphrase,

Chef, I grew up in London. I love London. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I booked the wife and I for a mini-break to New York, leaving on Friday morning! - business class no less
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X