• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

valentines day..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NiceUpNorth View Post
    why do you need one 'special' day of the year to tell your partner that you love them??
    Well you dont - but much like you dont "need" one special day each year to celebrate a person's birth, or how lovely your mam is, or how great Jesus was....it's just nice to do something.

We dont buy presents, but we always do a thing together. It's not a day that has ever been that important to me, but thinking about it, if I couldn't spend it with my husband I'd be really upset.
    Course we're the kind of saddos who spend every weekend together and get upset if we have to spend a night apart.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Well you dont - but much like you dont "need" one special day each year to celebrate a person's birth, or how lovely your mam is, or how great Jesus was....it's just nice to do something.

We dont buy presents, but we always do a thing together. It's not a day that has ever been that important to me, but thinking about it, if I couldn't spend it with my husband I'd be really upset.
      Course we're the kind of saddos who spend every weekend together and get upset if we have to spend a night apart.
      How long have you been married??
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Probabaly a quiet night on my own on the sofa watching the original series of HHGTTG and wondering why I only seem to meet interesting women at parties in Guildford.
        Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
          Probabaly a quiet night on my own on the sofa watching the original series of HHGTTG and wondering why I only seem to meet interesting women at parties in Guildford.
          Please expand on the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Please expand on the above.
            Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. Hopefully.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              I know most of you are bah humbug grumpy old sods
              I resemble that remark.

Originally posted by chef View Post
              what are your plans?
              None. It's a marketing scam that causes more upset than happiness. A waste of money.

Instead, we try to treat every day as special.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NiceUpNorth View Post
                why do you need one 'special' day of the year to tell your partner that you love them??

All a huge marketing ploy to get you buying cards / presents

Tight git !!!!!

Comment

We have managed to farm the kids out to relatives for the weekend so that we can go away - but I can't decide where to go. As she doesn't finish work until 4 on Friday it limits our options - I was thinking of a city break in Europe but because it would put us on the evening commuter flights, everything is stupidly expensive. So we're left with the UK!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    We have managed to farm the kids out to relatives for the weekend so that we can go away - but I can't decide where to go. As she doesn't finish work until 4 on Friday it limits our options - I was thinking of a city break in Europe but because it would put us on the evening commuter flights, everything is stupidly expensive. So we're left with the UK!

I recommend Krakow as a very nice historical city and castle, with some great restaurants and clubs to visit... Ryanair fly from Stanstead. Short notice though !!

Comment

... and the Senacki Hotel !! I stayed there 18 months ago.

http://www.en.hotel-senacki-krakow.com/index.html

Comment

Working...
                      X